Ibanez JEM Forum banner

what model is this rg?

4K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  ericbaquiran 
#1 · (Edited)

could it be the RG550LTD with the matched headstock?
anyone knows what the exact specs are?
wat neck type and tremolo?
thanks

See less See more
#7 ·
Wow! That's different. I've seen a VERY similar guitar to that before but in a metallic green finish, I think it was described as an RG570LTD.

The one in the pics has the original Edge Bridge which many say is the best of the lot!

The F inthe serial number means it's a Japanese instrument and the 97 give the year.

I think (but I'm not sure) that that colour is called Iron Purple.(abbreviation IPP)

I don't know what the pickups are, or even whether they're originals in the guitar!

On paper (or screen), it looks like a great guitar to me :)

#11 ·
I'm not sure, but from memory, I don't recall a Wizard II profile neck ever really getting anything other than a black or white headstock. The matching metallics were normally (and again I stress this is from memory) reserved for the higher level RGs which tended to come with the thinner necks,

#18 ·
allright, my opinion :
1. it comes with V6 humbuckers and EDGE tremolo, which could be found on RG 580 japan domestic market model.
2. it has shartooth inlays, that's the strange, because RG 580 did not come with one.
3. is the headstock binding also ? I can see it very well.
4. my best bet, it's one of a kind Rg design for certain store, something like GC exclusive, but maybe this time it's for Japan retail store.

whatever it is, go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.