Ibanez JEM Forum banner
57K views 450 replies 107 participants last post by  timi_h 
#1 · (Edited)
Watch the guitar in action and then email, call or PM me if interested. I have no solid pricing as of yet, but this is going to be a rare guitar and it will be difficult to get. It's hard to tell by the video, but each guitar has it's own unique multi color swirl pattern inside the body and they're all done by hand. Pull the tone knob and LED's illuminate the body.

Enjoy!

*** EDIT: I've removed the video due to its low quality, clearly it's creating more confusion than anything else. Though I've not seen the guitar in person I'm told it's amazing looking and sounding, in typical JEM fashion. ***

Matt :)

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
matt@mattsmusic.com

#40 ·
A traslucent acrylic swirl would look cool.

8)
I posted that on October 28th..... now Im eating my own words.

Its not that I changed my mind, but I would ve imagined that the different translucent colours would ve been much more defined, and I could never have imagined that they would actually put leds on the body of the guitar.

Sometimes, all it takes between loving or hating an idea is the way it is executed

#45 ·
In that case I should get 2!!!!

1 for giving them the idea of the translucent swirl

Another one, because Im pissed at the way the brought my idea into existance!!!!!

Being serius now, even if Im not too happy with it (at least from what I saw in a single video with poor quality, so its not definitive judgement), Im pretty amazed at the fact that the guys at Ibanez did that particular design. They must ve been working in the design for more than a year now, so that means they can not only read our minds, THEY CAN READ WHAT WE LL THINK IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

Very Scary!!!

#51 ·
Right.

That makes the Jem77VRMR the coolest Jem in existence, as far as I'm concerned. In the swirl section undoubtedly the ATD UV777MC is the nicest swirl.

I feel a little cheated on, to be honest. I hoped for something awesome, but to pay 7K list for a xmas tree with strings....

I want to see good pictures in any case, and not this fuzzy video. And I wanna play one, hook it up to a valve amp and crank it up. In the end THAT's what really matters: how it sounds and plays.

So I'm withholding my final judgment until then...

Regards,

JP

#61 ·
7K....

That's a Gold Universe from SCS, a UV777LNG clone from Legacy and another 77BRMR with disappearing pyramid.

I guess the choice isn't too hard for me...

7K... that's definitely a "collectors item". Who the hell is going to take a 7K guitar to a gig???

Regards,

JP

#74 ·
You guys make me laugh.
You moan and whinge like old women about boring colour guitars and one swirl looking better than another and as soon as Ibanez come out with something a little different, you moan all over again.
Ive read through 4 pages of pure BS. "i thought of it first", "no i did". What the hell is that all about? You slate it then want credit because you guessed what they'd come up with.
If i were you, i'd find something a little more creative to spend my time on.

#75 ·
Oh come on you read the topic name, did you honestly think we WOULDN'T be complaining? This is an Ibanez guitar forum with guitarists that are obsessed with style and glam! (though the specific tastes of good style and glam always differ from person to person! :D) Our responses should've been predictable to you.

And the "I thought of it first" thing you're getting too upset about I thought was a pretty obvious joke between the guys who were thinking this would be the idea that Ibanez would come up with. You think they want credit? I think they just want to have a little fun on an Ibanez guitar forum...something wrong with that?

#77 ·
Its childish and all i ever see on here about Ibanez guitars is moaning about em. If thats the case, buy a bloody Fender, then you'll moan :D.
And yes the response was predictable, very predictable.
The thread title is "20th anniversary Jem in action", not "take a look at this POS".

Mattsmusic, i wouldnt bother next time mate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.