Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Buying from e'Bay

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 ·
Well, I was watching this auction, and it was about to end a few hours ago. Anyways, I came home to place a bid on it, and bam, it said the auction has been removed. But I also looked at the seller's profile. It says that his account has been removed. He had been a member since 2002 and had about 600 feedback, all of which were positive.

I thought for e'Bay, there was a wait period after your final transaction before you account was canceled, so that all transactions are made sure to be completed?

This really bugs me, as it was a really cool RG that I wanted...

#2 ·
Sometimes in those cases someone has either hacked his account with a fishing thing or someone has sold an item as a 2nd Chance by a scumbag scammer, and the original account was suspended.

I had a Les Paul for sale last year, and when it didn't sell, almost everyone who bid on it emailed me saying they got a 2nd Chance Offer and asking if I was serious (one guy for like 500 bucks when the highest bid was over 1500 and didn't meet the reserve). So, there's a chance the guy seller will get everything straightened out and relist th guitar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.