Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Im in a Dilemma!

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  RG777 
#1 ·
Well, About 2 Weeks ago, I bought a Marshall MG, Now Ive came to the Conclusion that it sounds like ****.

Guitar Center, where I bought it, has a 30 Day Return Policy on anything. The only thing is, is that Guitar Center is almost 3 Hours away.

I was thinking of getting someone to drive down (I think my Grandparents are going down there) and returning it for me, and I would give them the extra money so I could get a Vox Ad15VT instead.

Should I do this, or is the Vox Valvetronix not worth the HUGE hassle and $40.

#4 ·
Definitely worth the switch. As far as small, practice amps go, Vox Valvetronic series sounds top notch. It's amazingly easy to dial in a smooth, Vai-like tone, and it's effects sound great too.

The only problem I had with the valvetronics is that they're almost too-warm sounding. It's hard to get an aggressive sound out of them because they're just voiced to be too mellow IMO.

But yeah, Valvetronic>>>>>MG.

#8 ·
The Vox surpasses the Marshall by leaps and bounds. It's the best hybrid amp AND the best modeling amp I've ever tried, and the only complaints I have are that the high-gain models don't have as much gain as the real thing, and that the Plexi model is way too bassy. I own both, so I know what I'm talking about.

If you want high-gain, I'd try the new Valvetronix XL. It has a lot more high-gain models, and the high-gain models have more gain than before. There's a couple of vintage-style models in there, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.