Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Simple MIDI expression pedal for Gearbox wah/volume, pitch etc...

12K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SilverSurfer2 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a simple midi expression pedal that can be used just for controlling wah/volume, and pitch bender in line6 gearbox bundle software, i dont need one that has a million footswitches that lets you scroll through banks and presets etc....... all i need is a simple one or two pedal setupwith a MIDI out jack, and maybe one or two footswitches (not two rows of 5 footswitches, this is overkill for me, i'm just in the studio) to send to my DAWs midi IN, that will control the parameters stated above, in Gearbox.
i've tried to find such a pedal but all i find is the Behringer FC type midi pedals and i dont want to spend that much, or have a big pedalboard on the floor to mess with, just one or two simple expression pedals that send MIDI CC's to my MIdI interface, and ultimately GEARBOx, in my DAW.

#3 ·
i just stumbled across that lastnight, but the pricetag for both is around $200. I might as well spend less money on the Behringer FCB midi controller and get all the footswitches, even though i didnt want them, plus two expression pedals, but at least i would get my money's worth and have that option to switch things on/off, whereas the midi solutions/Ev-5 way is just an expensive way to have just one expression pedal to control a few things.

For me, space and budget was a factor, but i guess i'm willing to sacrifice space with the Behringer FCB now, i just dont think spending $200 on the midi solutions/Ev-5 is worth it, the reviews on the Ev-5 weren't so hot either.

But thanks for the info Bamm!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.