Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Zachary guitars

27K views 144 replies 43 participants last post by  Dino 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Phil Kubicki made really good basses, but for some reason he chose a 32" scale, they have a little swing arm clamp on the Low E string that, when you remove it, gives access to an extra two frets, down to D. Unlike Zachary, the headstock actually has a purpose in being the shape it is - the tuners (obviously) are on the bridge end, like a Steinberger.

Fender bought the company, ran it as a custom shop then abandoned it after a while - I just don't think anyone on Earth was willing to tolerate a 32" scale length!

#13 ·
The only way I could recreate how G*y this guitar looks would be if I were to make a mold of my C*ck, install a floyd rose, 2 SD 59's, ernie ball strings, and play it nude at a male volleyball tournament in San Fransisco.. Even then, its level of homosexuality would fall short to that of zachary guitars.

Fin.

#17 ·
You didnt put an option of "No i dont like this guitar"

Its terrible and it has nothing to do with who made it, his attitude, the fact it has no floyd or swirl paint or the fact there arent loads of celebrity guitarists endorsing it ;)

Then again thats just my opinion.

#21 ·
+1 for "I dont like this guitar"

also acceptible would have been

"I dont like it and its not worth the $2000 Zachary ego charge"

"I think his work is generally sub-standard and his designs are ugly"

"The man has no morals and may well be the latest incarnation of satan himself"

"Zachary guitars make Ed Roman specials look like masterpieces"

"Everything I know about seven string guitars is correct... please please please stop with the Zachary stuff ... if I want to be robbed of my hard earned cash I can think of plenty more fun ways of doing it"

#22 ·
:lol: You HAVE kind of drunk the Zachary cool-aid, dude...

I actually have always liked his Z2 (that's a Z2, right?) body style... but the headstock is hideous (and can't compare to my masculinity ;)), and I've already got one nice fixed bridge seven, so anything without at least a vintage-style trem (I've seen him use wilkinsons on his 6's) really isn't going to hold my attention.

Didn't vote in the poll - the "Interesting, but not for me and I probably wouldn't pay what he's asking anyway" option seems to have gotten left out.

#28 ·
I happen to own two Zachary guitars, as well as several Ibanez. I know how good these are first hand. Also they are of a different design and philosophy and that is worth discussing. This is his first 7 string and if you read the site there are some things he has done a little differently. I wish I could get my hands on it, I would pay his price without question. I do understand though, the first one for me was a kind of leap of faith, only after talking to him for a few weeks.

#30 ·
Save your money, he'll get tired of pimping Zachary one day. ;)

I'd be surprised if this is his first sven - I've seen 8's on his page, and I could have sworn he'd done a seven before. Either way, I'd be curious to give it a run, but I doubt I'd want to buy it - it's just not spec'd for me, and that has nothing to do with neon swirls or monkey grips or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.