Ibanez JEM Forum banner
31K views 181 replies 85 participants last post by  mikeyoc 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Bah. The imperfections of guitars make them what they are. Who really cares if everything is dead nuts on perfect. The majority of the listening people wont notice anyway.

If Vai does this, then will all Jems come with it. I was always under the impression the Jem was made so Steve could take anyone off the wall at a store and it would be exacly what he uses.

#17 ·
Jems don't come with leds, sustainers, tape, backstops, or 1 piece necks so I don't think we have to worry about this

Its an interesting concept, I probably wouldn't put it on my guitar but its still interesting. I would imagine it works even better than earvana or buzz feiten since every fret is individually tempered for perfect tuning. A compensated nut may make some better, but it can't make every single fret perfect

#21 ·
Nothing. Ibanez can't be expected to keep up with every one of his modifications. And why would he put them on all of his guitars? The point of the guitar's temperament is that it can play all keys decently well. The true temperament necks are designed to play a few keys perfectly, while the rest will sound out of tune. He'd be unable to play 80% of his songs if he replaced all of his necks.

#24 ·
Personally, I think this is a load of crap. Yeah, ...we've all been noticing how turned off we've been when everyone plays those sour notes that sound like crap because guitars don't hit the notes perfectly. I mean, every song for every musician that is played on the radio just pisses me off because it doesn't sound perfect. Give me a break. It generally takes someone who does studio work to even hear it, and not even all of them hear it. Somebody needs a good dose of practicality here. I especially hate listening to all those old classic rock songs that came out before the digital recording age and the technological revolution of the studio because they had those sour notes in there that piss everyone off. PUHLEEEZE. Okay, no more soap box preaching, LOL. This is just going way to far and makes me sick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.