Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Harris -Jemdude!

5K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
I want to publicly apologize to Rich from IBANEZRULES for recent public headbutting. We attempted a business transcation yesterday and we both interpreted the outcome, as well as each others tone differently. I made the mistake of mentioning it here in forum...not by name, but it was wrong just the same. I have a really great friend in VA who assures me that Rich is the man when it comes to all things Ibanez. So for the negativity that went out, I want to apologize to Rich and everyone here. I'm new to the site and now I'll be signing out permanently, because this wasnt a great start for me!! But I like to think alls well that ends well!! So, good vibes, all!!!!

Thanks out to Aaron_Jem_FP who did give me important info I needed, thanks dude!

Peace!

#2 ·
No need to sign off, it's a great community here. But you started off throwing a punch that wasn't going to be ignored. I'm still waiting for you to review the replies and state specifically exactly what you considered rude. Direct, to the point, and answer every question, if anybody wants any more than that then I'm in the wrong business.

I do appreciate you publicly posting this and I also apologize for the punches I threw back.

#4 ·
I'm a hot head, there's nothing subtle here. As I get older you've probably noticed I'm much more easy going than I used to be, but when somebody throws a punch I have no problem taking several just so I can get some good shots of my own in! Honestly I saw nothing that would have promted it though. Usually I know if I'm being an ass or not, because if I am it's intentional ;)

#5 ·
Kinda sad you feel the need to quite the site just because you got off on the wrong foot with some members..... Heck I got suspended my third day on here for getting into to it with a member. All water under the bridge now though.

I've dealt with Rich for a few parts and found him honest.... but very business like and a straight shooter. He'll offer no kisses or vaseline! :lol: That's his style, you either buy what he's selling or look elsewhere. Personally I appreciate that attitude. If you think he's expensive say so, but move on. Don't call anyone names just because you disagree or feel slighted in some way.

Either way...... I don't think anyone here is forcing you to stay or leave. But quiting now only makes you..... well a quitter. Either that or get beyond this issue. Ahhh.... such a dilemma! ;)

#12 ·
Kchammy, hang around Bro. No need to leave. I don't think there's anyone here that hasn't bickered with another forum goer. It's just the fact of the matter. Tons of great things here on the forum and everyone is cool in their own right! I'm sure we all welcome you to stay!

-Aaron

#15 ·
I'd just like to add a word on Rich's behalf. He's been very understanding with me for quite a few years now- from back when I was a Jem-noob knowing precisely nothing - to now, when I know more or less what I like and want. He's been helpful and forthright; and I'm not always the easiest to deal with- I got banned for life from a major US vintage guitar show a year or so ago (even though the ban only lasted a day...!) for being a confrontational mouthy Limey git of the first order. I WAS right, though, but both the guy concerned and I knew when to back off a little........ a good lesson for us both.

Anyway, if you're fair with Rich, he's always fair back, in my experience. Now I've got quite a few Jems and other Ibanez guitars, a lot of which came from him, and a ton of good advice into the bargain. I'll be buying from him again. His set-ups rule, in case you don't know, by the way.

So stick with it here- we're all here to learn, teach and share. No need to feel like you've got to push off.

#21 ·
I had no idea why you were apologizing in public. It seemed nothing more than making sure that everyone who wasn't aware of your little disagreement now is.

I see you've received enough
"Please don't go" replies.

However with public statements like this regarding Rich (or any Jemsite member)
I can't understand why?

kchammy said:
Im getting lots of personal emails about you, my my. They mainly say to ignore you.
I suppose everyone deserves a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.