Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Gibson SG, one of the coolest designs EVER

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  elcid 
#1 ·
I've played a couple of SG's, never really paying attention to them that much. Liked the design etc. But last night, I was at a Switchfoot concert (omg, they were SO good!!!) John Forman (lead singer, guitarist) was playing this SICK looking SG. It was a gray to black burst thing, but the grey looked kinda quilted almost. It was sooo beautiful. And it looked so comfortable.

I think now i've got to get me one of those SG's. Maybe just an epi if i can't afford the gibson models. But man, they're nice guitars, both playing, and looking. They're also very versatile for rock imo. He played some slow clean stuff, to some really nice heavy distortion.

Comments? ;)

#7 ·
SG's are awesome. Nice and chunky, EXCELLENT upper fret access, well balanced, I could go on but it'd take me forever. The thing is though, I'm not a fan of the look of them if I'm to be honest :(

Actually I have an SG in the classifieds right now but I'm only selling it to get my hands on a Studio LP.

#11 ·
I've played a couple of SG's, never really paying attention to them that much. Liked the design etc. But last night, I was at a Switchfoot concert (omg, they were SO good!!!) John Forman (lead singer, guitarist) was playing this SICK looking SG. It was a gray to black burst thing, but the grey looked kinda quilted almost. It was sooo beautiful. And it looked so comfortable.

I think now i've got to get me one of those SG's. Maybe just an epi if i can't afford the gibson models. But man, they're nice guitars, both playing, and looking. They're also very versatile for rock imo. He played some slow clean stuff, to some really nice heavy distortion.

Comments? ;)
Was the coloring similar to this:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson USA/Guitar of the Week/SG Standard/

I've always loved SG's. When I first started taking guitar lessons back when I was 11, a kid I knew had one. It was this awesome blue color, and the moment I saw it I knew I wanted one. Still working on getting one, 14 years later :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.