Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Gran Turismo 5 / Prologue

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  DavyH 
#1 ·
My Japanese copy of GT5 Prologue landed this morning. The US version's out Feb and the Europe one set for March but I just couldn't wait that long.

For those of you who are looking forward to playing it I can assure you it's a lot of fun. The driving physics are the best yet and they've tweaked the AI in races so that occaisionly the cars in front will make "driver errors" giving you a chance to make a move on them. It looks lovely although I've just got a standard TV I'm sure it's even silkier in HD. I was realy enjoying driving like an idiot this afternoon. Putting a Mitsubishi Evo sideways into a corner is as much fun as you need on a wet Cumbrian afternoon, especialy that the sound track contains Thin Lizzy - The Rocker ;)

My guys who got me the Jap to English translations said that the online play is crap though because of all the inexperienced drivers who just shunt you all the time. The full game is said to contain private lobby's for groups of freinds to get to gether and race. That got me thinking about having Jemsite race nights if any of you guys are up for that.

Anyway, just wanted to post up and let you know what it's like if you're considering buying it or a PS3 to play it on.

IT F*CKIN ROCKS !!!

See less See more
#5 ·
The full game is set for release for Christmas 08. The biggest difference I noticed between GT5/Prologue and GT4 is in the cars handling and competitors AI. The handling is the most realistic I've ever played in any driving game and haveing 16 other drivers on the track who'll "shut the door" on you through corners or just completely mess up other corners makes the racing feel more realistic too. I use the new ****pit view and it feels like have your very own test tracks and garage full of cars.

I realy can't recomend it highly enough to car enthusiasts. Prologue already wipes the floor with any other racing game thats been made and it's said to be only an eighth of the full game experience.

Ben

#9 ·
I am so glad to see this thread go up. I agree with passion and warfare. I thought about buying a ps3, but I am waiting for the full version of GT5. I have seen all of the trailers and they look amazing! The incar views look great and the updated carlist will have feraris. I love playing GT4, mainly to drift. Does anyone else do that?

#17 ·
I've been finding reasons to avoid buying a PS3 since they were released... I guess I'm not going to have any option now. Best driving sim ever, but the improvement in the AI should bring it up to Toca standards as a racing game.

Eggy do the cars remain unmarked through multiple shunts, collisions and so forth, or is damage a feature on the new one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.