Ibanez JEM Forum banner
11K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  just42dave 
#1 ·
Hey all, some info plz...

What are the differences between the RG550 and the RG550 LTD?
A local guy has one black ltd for sale and i would like to know if its worth,
he is asking 800E = 1230$ = 611 pounds with some upgrades such as:
pickups: tone zone, yjm, air norton
dimarzio multipole and dimarzio pots
He has the original pups...
From the photos and description the guitar looks mint. its from 1998
So, what do u think?

Thanx

#2 ·
major differences between RG 550 VS RG 550 LTD ;
1. RG 550 LTD bound rosewood fretboard w/ sharktooth inlay
2. RG 550 LTD comes with matching color pickguard, or mirror for black RG 550 lTD
3. all RG 550 lTD comes with matching color headstock and binding too.

if the black 1998 RG 550 LTD , it must have super wizard neck, with bubinga stripe.

I think the price is way too overpriced.

#3 ·
I don't know about Greece, but (US) $1,230 is a joke for a used (98) RG550LTD. I bought one off of fleabay (a 94) about a little over a year ago in pretty much mint condition for about $500.

Psychoshredder got the differences pretty much right except mine is black and it has a smoke mirror pickguard.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanx psychoshredder, i mean is there any quality differences between the two guitars, i know about the mirror pickguard etc but am gonna play that thing not look at it, so how do u compare the two models tonewise and how about built quality?

gu1tar i will tell you one think man, here a dual rectifier costs about 4000$+
and the slo 100 costs 6000$, in Europe the prices are f%$#ing high...

#8 ·
Thanx psychoshredder, i mean is there any quality differences between the two guitars, i know about the mirror pickguard etc but am gonna play that thing not look at it, so how do u compare the two models tonewise and how about built quality?

gu1tar i will tell you one think man, here a dual rectifier costs about 4000$+
and the slo 100 costs 6000$, in Europe the prices is f%$#ing high...
i don;t think there would be any quality issues between those two, but i can assure you, you will draw a lot of attention on the stage with the 550 LTD.
:)

#9 ·
That's a "fair" price if they are hard to come by over there and if instruments are really that much more expensive over there and if it's really what you want. Personally I prefer my RGAs and my RG3120 to my RG550LTD and RG750.

There are no quality differences between the LTD and the non-LTD; it's only cosmetic. But the LTD is a little more "flashy".

#10 ·
I think if he goes down to 600-650 euros it is ok for Greece. Or you could just look on *bay and find one cheaper.
I have bought my RG7620 from the US through *bay and even with the $100 I paid for transport it came a lot cheaper than I would have found it over here.
Keep in mind that at the moment 1 euro is about $1.5 so we have a real advantage buying in US$ right now... and shipping from the States with USPS usually gets easily through customs without a charge... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.