Ibanez JEM Forum banner
3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  IbanezNorthwest 
#1 ·
What's the more valuable guitar?

PRS 20th without 20th birds in flight pattern, but with a nice flame 10 top.

PRS 20th with 20th birds in flight pattern, but regular NON-10 top quilt.

?

#7 ·
Hah! Nice. So you got both? Right on, brother. Obviously, that's the ideal, but I'm wondering if it's either/or which one is better?

I got a 20th with a 10 top, but without the 20th birds. It has just the regular birds. I passed on a non-10 top with the 20th birds. Dunno if I should keep shopping or just be happy with what I've got.

Please spare me the, "Duuuuude, its about how it PLAYS, maaan. Who CARES how it looks."

I understand that argument, but I have my players and I like to also own some "lookers". Sue me ;)

#8 ·
I still think you go with the birds only for the fact that its a one year production and 10 tops seem to be the norm for tops being produced out of prs. The one good thing you have going for you is the used market for PRS seems to not be that good, you could probably pick up a 10 w/birds for the price of one with just birds if you look hard enough.

#11 ·
If I'm remembering correctly, every PRS Standard/Custom 22/24 built in 2005 got the "2oth Anniversary" truss rod cover - kind of like every American Series and American Deluxe Strat built in 2004 got a "50th Anniversary" neck plate.

For a PRS to be the "20th Anniversary Model" it would come with the birds in flight inlay. What I don't remember is if that package included upgrades like a brazillian rosewood fingerboard/headstock overlay which would bring up the price even if it did. Since PRS is out of brazillian rosewood (the 2008 Artist Package is using macassar ebony fingerboards instead and they have suspending making the Modern Eagle models) that might make an impact.

#12 ·
You could get a brazilian board if you ordered a artist package, but it didnt come standard on the cu22 or cu24. I think the only way you can get brazilian now is on a private stock. I had 2 20th ann. and the shop I deal with got in a 513 I had to trade in one for it. The brazilian neck is the most comfortable neck Ive ever played on. Its a shame that it was replaced on the 08 models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.