Jemsite - View Single Post - Problem with Pickguard Paradise
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
motor1

Problem with Pickguard Paradise

Hi,

Iím posting here hoping I can get some help after I had a pickguard made by Tom at Pickguard Paradise.

I ordered a guard with clear instructions for my friends í06 deluxe double fat strat, noting how the pickup surrounds are rounded for the humbuckers not square like the usual type. (I mentioned this on more than one email because it was important to have a matching guard)

The guard turned up with the wrong pickup routing. Also the rear pick up hole was cut too far away from the bridge to fit in the guitar properly.

I emailed Tom and he wanted the original guard back before sending me out a replacement. I had posted the first one back over to him with a tracing of the Fender type guard we needed
After a while this is what turned up. It has the correct routing but the quality of the guard is well below average. The top of the guard still has the routing edge, then the half buffed edge. Same on the lower horn with odd marks as you can see in the pics.

I emailed Tom with these pics but he wonít reply to me & Iím stuck with a useless guard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1a.JPG (61.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1b.JPG (46.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1c.JPG (54.4 KB, 94 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome