Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Mid 90's JS1000tb Question

Tags
js1000tb
2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  TheYoungGuitarist 
#1 ·
Hey folks. I am new here (did not know that this site even existed until today). Somebody over at The Gear Page told me about this site.

I have a JS1000 in trans blue that I bought in NYC back in 94 I believe. I have never seen another of the same color until searching through this site.

Anyway, the guitar is 100 original and in amazing shape, but does have a ding on the front. I have been thinking about selling it, but not sure. How much is something like this going for these days? Is it too rare to sell???

Serial# F3459xx

Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes you are correct moebius, the fret board does need a cleaning.

So anybody know how much these sold for when they were new? I really do not remember how much this thing cost. Do you folks think that it is rare enough that I would be a fool to sell it? Am I going to find out one day that this is worth 2,3,4 times what it is now?

Thanks

#7 ·
I could be wrong about this, but although the BSB (burnt stained blue) only appeared in the US catalog in 94, I thought they were available over quite a few years in Europe(?) It seems like most of the ones that have been for sale here were from the UK or other EU countries. And I believe Rich has had a number for sale over the years -- please correct me if I'm wrong. So although they are relatively uncommon compared to the BP or white JS1000, I don't believe they are exactly rare. Regardless, that's a very cool looking guitar you have there!
Bert

#9 ·
There was the TB [transparent blue] in the US for that year, IIRC.

The BTB [burnt transparent blue] offered in Asia and Europe over the years, has never been offered in the U.S. AFAIK. Except for the handful that Rich has been able to get, once in a blue moon. [no pun intended]

#10 ·
I opened a post exactly the same as this a while ago. This doesnt look like my Transparent Blue JS1000 (from 1993/94) because of the black part on the top, it made me think that it was a Burnt Transparent Blue one. Obviously you know better than me because its your guitar lol :)
Either way, I think you would be silly to sell it now. Wait a few years and keep it safe so it doesnt pick any more dings and you will be able to sell it easily for qutie a bit of money :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.