Ibanez JEM Forum banner
18K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  Robstar 
#1 ·
#4 · (Edited)
couple of bad points:
26" scale? real bad idea for an 8 string with a low F#! no wonder its got a suspension bridge cable for a string
because of that, it looks like it could do with a lot bigger nut so they could cut deeper slots. looks like that low string could roll out of the slot if it wanted!
other than that it looks monstrous (even though were not supposed to like it cos its zachary!)

#33 · (Edited)
The video's posted from the OP weren't convincing of this guitar.
+1

No disrespect to anybody but, maybe if they had someone who knew what the hell they were doing with an 8 string...it would have been different. That guy sounds like he should be playing a dobro at some wedding.

"You see, not everyone is worthy of a Zachary guitar -- customers have to prove themselves first."...what the hell did this guy prove...

"I don't cater to rich lawyers or doctors who can't play."...Well maybe he was half right cause this guy probably isn't a lawyer or doctor...

Again no disrespect to anyone but in my opinion that guy wasn't a very good choice to showoff an instrument (especially an 8-string).

Edit: Apparently this is Alex (the builder)? If so i can't see how he can build for guitar players when he, himself, is barely one.

#26 ·
Hey Hey,Folks, i'm the owner that bruiser!!!:O

Actually, the idea behind her is to be the Ultimate Funk Blaster!!!:D

The lowest 2 strings are actual bass strings!!!

The idea,for me anyway, isn't to actually sound like a bass, like Charlie Hunter does, but to compliment the bass but still be guitaristic in tambre!!!
That way the 2 instruments aren't competing w/ each other!!!

The string spacing on her is equivalent to a Gibson, but that isn't an issue for me since i got lil hands!!!O:)

Oh, and no, the bass strings have no problem staying in the nut grooves even when i'm really beating away on her!!! :O

Alex takes alot of pride in his work, and would never even let a guitar leave his shop unless it was fully functional and to his standards, which we all know are pretty high!!!:D

cheers!!!

#30 ·
I love the look of it, the shape inlays etc are gorgeous. I'd be concerned about the 26" scale length and REALLY concerned about what appears to be a 1 piece maple neck with no truss rod. With the tension on that sucker that is probably going to bow badly in a few years. I also think it's completely unaceptable on a $2500 guitar to have hardware that doesn't really work with the strings... like the string retainers, nut, tuners, and string-through ferrules on tha back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.