Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Neck angle of a RGT 3120 and a Jem7VWH

Tags
neck angle
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jemsite 
#1 ·
Last night I was noticing the difference in setup of the trem between the RGT and 7VWH. I have both guitars setup just the way I like it (the string height on both is as per the measurements on jemsite), but I noticed the trem angle on the RGT is bit higher than on the 7VWH. The tension of the strings (10s) feel the same on both guitars. On the Jem I can just fit a 1.5mm pick between the body and the edge of the trem. On the RGT it maybe be about 2.0 - 2.5mm. I noticed the neck of the Jem is set a bit deeper in the body than the RGT. Besides one being a one piece and the other a two piece - Is the neck angle a great deal different between the two?
Out,
GP

#2 ·
that's the thing about a set-neck or neck-thru... you cant easily shim the neck and tweak the angle... but it doesn't matter if the guitar is done properly and you can make other adjustments to compensate. Every benefit comes at a price... you're getting neck-thru with the RGT with the trade-off losing the bolt-on tweak-ability 8)

The original jems were more like the RGT setup you describe, as is my GCCustom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.