Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Whats in the Case?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  IbanezFreak777 
#1 ·
It might seem like an odd quesiton / topic, but what did you guys get with your JEM? I bought a 77V BK a few months ago and was slightly disappointed to find an Ibanez Prestige booklet, printed in 2004, plus a plastic J-Craft bag with Allen keys, a trussrod wrench and a plastic tremolo blocking kit. I don't know, I just expected something slightly more JEM specific than just a generic Ibanez Prestige booklet (maybe a Steve Vai blow up doll?).

#11 ·
Its just a standard Jem, no graphics, its not limited edition... and just goes to show you that apart from the extra Jem stylings, its just a plain old Prestige..... with a monkey grip.... and thats why they supplied a standard booklet, cause the information works for both jems and prestige guitars..

Still a nice guitar but doesn't require a special booklet...

One look at the Jem line and you can see variations in the levels of Jems. from bottom of the barrel el cheapos to the high end 20th anni versions with limited slip dif.. :p

Just play your guitar and forget the extra goodies, because in the end the goodies arnt gona make you play better.. Playing will make u play better...

#6 ·
What feature do you need a special tool or any thing else special for that matter on that guitar compared to an RG1570? Answer: nothing. ;) I'm not sure what you are referring to with the plastic "tremolo blocking kit", I've never seen such a thing, I figured you might be referring to the extra little white "bushings" for your trem arm.

~Bones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.