Ibanez JEM Forum banner

My new Jem project starting 2010

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BeboRock91 
#1 · (Edited)
Next year I am starting a new guitar build. I've been thinking of the design for it and I got inspired by the RG9670Z Dark Misty Night and the Jem7pbk and came up with this concept.

I was thinking a slightly transparent purple finish on the back of the body and a skunkstripe made of purple heart to match. I'm not sure about the material for the body and headstock binding, white plastic, perloid or flame maple.

Anyhow I kinda like what I got so far =)

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes I started to make a FP but real life things got in the way and it was put on hold. Now I used the model I had and photoshop to make this concept :)

I thought about a vine inlay but it felt boring so I tried the pearl/abalone pyramids from the PBK. Looks more classy on this one I think.

#13 ·
I don't now. I like the contrast the gold gives between black white and purple. But on the other hand the chrome melts right in there and feels very yummy =)

A concept is only a concept and is bound to change and be tweaked. Any feedback is most welcome as I haven't made up my mind on the design yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.