Ibanez JEM Forum banner

J customs In Aus

10K views 96 replies 24 participants last post by  Hikey Mikey 
#1 ·
Hey, im loving the j customs but i have not yet found some where in Australia that sells them (for a good price). I was thinking ****, but there rarely on there anyway
Does anyone know a reliable overseas dealer that could ship to Australia?

What about ****, i could always get one shipped from Europe on ****, but is that safe?.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks - Tom

#5 ·
EEE bay, a guy called 'meestursparkle' deals from japan and has them all the time. Do a search for JC's and his listing's will show up. There is also one over here in Aus (Melbourne) on the bay at the moment priced well,it's a 2007 8470 in prominence red,dimarzio's,edge pro trem.
Once you own a JC or two there's no going back,good luck.

#10 ·
I'd definitely go with Rich at ibanezrules. As a plus the USD exchange rate is fantastic at the moment. Since you are in Australia another consideration might be ETguitars if you want a custom guitar built. Because ET bill in USD it's also a good time to buy from them.

Australian Ibanez prices are true hilarity.

#16 ·
Not particularly, but if i had my pick i would choose the 8420ze. But id take most models at a gpood price. Im thinking about buying one of Meestursparkle on ****, but i'm just not really sure yet. Just because its international and stuff, wouldn't want it to get damaged or something
Anyone bought from him before?

#27 ·
Just know that just because you have not paid import tax, you cant suggest to this guy that its 100% he wont either..

there is every chance that you will and you must think this way. Be prepared to pay the tax and if you dont then its a bonus. Dont go into the transaction thinking that your not gona pay otherwise you might end up with an extra fee that you wernt prepared for...

#29 ·
Well, put it this way, you'd be hard pressed to find a store in Australia that will sell you a 7VWH for less than $3,500...and even then you'd have to know the owner I reckon, or be friends with an Australis rep.

$2,700 is still a bargain by our stupid recommended retail prices.

#30 ·
So i was thinking about my guitar choice, when i started thinking about the RG 550's
What do you think about an RG 550?
Is the 8420ZE a far better guitar, or are they similar
A friend of mine has a RG550 and its amazing, but ive never played a j custom
I could get an RG 550 for much cheaper (when i can find one)
So what do u guys think?
Do these guitars even compare?

#37 ·
J customs have 'Super wizard' necks,the thinnest available 17mm at 1st fret/19mm at 12th fret. They also feature the best fret work on ANY Ibanez and most other guitars. The frets are tall and allow a very light touch like scalloped frets,they are made from extremely hard metal with perfect ball bearing fret ends. This is the highest level of Ibanez crafted by the highest skilled luthiers.
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/pa...1&color=CL01&year=2009&cat_id=1&series_id=191

I've answered every question you have asked in this thread,i can do nothing more for you!!
Be smart,buy one!

#41 ·
Dude... don't screw around with Aussie dealers on JC's... and no... the 550 does npt compare to a JC - no matter how well it's set up.
I paid about $700 extra on a $3,000 purchase including other charges so you might get away with about $400-ish on a $2K purchase.
It sucks but it's worth it in the end.
As soon as I played my JC I forgot about every cent I spent.

Let us all know what you end up getting when you get it.
For the record I got a JC RG8620s - spalted maple... absolutely incredible!!!

#43 ·
I dunno, for JCustoms I'd say go with Rich before sparkle. Least with Rich you get the option of having a proper setup whereas with sparkle it's what you see is what you get. Plus, I still can't get over that thread about the 'marker stripe' on the headstock. I'm not sure I'd deal with someone that ill-informed about Ibanez guitars that didn't know it was the walnut in the neck.

#44 ·
Is it this thread you're thinking of? If so, it must be said to sparkle's defense that he seemed to know what it was and just needed to convince a customer that it wasn't a problem in a non- assertive/confrontational way. I take the thread title to be tongue in cheek.

I also looked at Rich's site when I was hunting for my JC, but there were no none in stock. I do very thorough research on both goods and sellers, and I'm convinced they're both good places to get your guitars - I'd buy from either of them any time.

DJ
--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.