Announcement to Jemsite Members - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Reviews: 1
Announcement to Jemsite Members

Hello Jemsite.com,
We have some exciting news: effective today, we have transferred ownership of Jemsite to a new owner. Jemsite.com is now part of a family of websites owned by VerticalScope Inc. This is a great thing for the forum members. VerticalScope brings capital, staff and marketing to really take the site to the next level. This means more options and more opportunities for Jemsite members.
A quick THANKS goes out to the mods here, as they are the ones who really keep Jemsite running on a daily basis.

How does this affect you?

The beautiful part is it doesn't affect you at all. All the mods stay just as they are and our devoted members continue to enjoy the site as always. Other than a new admin behind the scenes, Jemsite continues as it always has. VerticalScope will take over the hosting, technical support and financial stuff related to the site.
VerticalScope has a huge network of sites- over 200, and the resources to support and maintain Jemsite and keep it running and updated as needed.
With the resources available to VerticalScope, we are sure the site is on the cusp of great things.
We loved our time with Jemsite and we wish you all the best..!
Sincerely,
Aviv Eliezer, CEO
Keebali Media
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Announcement to Jemsite Members

Here's to the next chapter in Jemsite history, hopefully we'll see a new JEM from Mr Vai soon too
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Vendor

This site hasn't been updated since 2008 and basically none of the pictures on the main site still work. They could release 10 new JEM's but if nobody is going to update the site, the site has been dead since 2008.

I would also like to know how that affects the sponsors, because my banner is no longer showing, and was never showing on mobile anyway, and when I wrote to ask about it, have never gotten a reply.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

I still see your banner on my iPad viewing in 'normal' mode, but the mobile site i see the early 90s internet.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Vendor

I have no banners on my PC, mine, or the one at the top right [you could always see on mobile]
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

The only banner I see is yours. Mobile is literally just text.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello, using this account for the moment while I get my own sorted.

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for jemsite.com along with the current moderator team.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,

Philip
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I have no banners on my PC, mine, or the one at the top right [you could always see on mobile]
Hey Rich,
I am looking into this for you.
-Philip
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 07:22 PM
Vendor

Thanks Phillip. You can always contact me directly at [email protected].

The forum is what it is, members come and go, but the main site needs a lot of attention. It's the site that always brought the visitors, who would then probably check the forum, maybe join to ask something, maybe stay and become part of the community. But the main site is in such disarray, so many broken pictures, nothing updated for 8 years, if this site is going to continue to be relevant the main site needs to be addressed, and has for a long time. There used to be upwards of 3-500 posts / day on the board, and these days it's under 100. I attribute a lot of this to the main site just not being the draw it was. Though none of us have a crystal ball to tell us why things are or what will be.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 AM
site founder 0% owner

Thanks Philip. Integrity has never been lacking at the jemsite community.

Rich is on somewhat on point regarding the non-forum content but two key words to remember... "eagles fanatic". 'nuff said

In today's short attention span mobile first web i'd consider scrubbing the (non-forum) site and replacing it with a (wordpress customized) blog with semi-regularly added content.

Traffic really spikes when Ibanez does something very interesting or if Vai releases compelling music. Anyone seen bigfoot lately??? ... glen
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:07 AM

Like Rich and Glen said, please please please update the main page and keep content flowing. Im sure you guys are aware of SEO and how important good quality content is now. This place has been running on fumes for a while now and hopefully you guys can give it the gas it needs to get running again smoothly!
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Vendor

Ibanez just release 3 different Limited Universe swirls and Vai is on tour, there has been no spike in traffic, there's barely a blip about it on the boards and zero information on the main site. As Stealth has pointed out, running on fumes.

Any Eagles fan knows, no content [QB], and you end up with a horrid last place season with a #4 draft pick. And as soon as our QB [Glen] stopped caring and updating the main site content, this place started the race to last place.

The main site was always a great resource, it's a broken eggshell of itself now.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 AM

I am excited about the change in admins. Hopefully we will see quicker response times to issues and an over haul of the overall sight is a great idea.

The last owners started posting blogs and stuff but I think that lasted a few months at most. Fresh content and articles and pictures that work are a must in my opinion.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:40 AM

It's good moment to refuel and push this site again. How can ordinary members help? Articles, reviews, funds, posts?
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 10:41 AM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Ibanez just release 3 different Limited Universe swirls and Vai is on tour, there has been no spike in traffic, there's barely a blip about it on the boards and zero information on the main site.
I said compelling :-)

To real people/players.

The people who can afford $9k jems aren't hanging out on forums all day.

Quote:
Any Eagles fan knows, no content [QB], and you end up with a horrid last place season with a #4 draft pick. And as soon as our QB [Glen] stopped caring and updating the main site content, this place started the race to last place.
FYI I was never tasked or involved in updating the "main site". Not an excuse just being factual.

But that said new owners/admins brings different resources & ideas. (we'll except for JLurie and co. LOL) ... glen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode