Battle of the bands. Need your help. Support jems and live music - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Battle of the bands. Need your help. Support jems and live music

Hi everyone at Jemsite. I need your help!
My band Vex are in a battle of the bands competition and we need votes to get into the final!
We all play jems in the band and thought all the fellow lovers of jems would help. Simply go to klfm.co.uk and look on the battle of the bands voting page and click 'vote!' next to VEX.
Thank you for everyone who supports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Battle of the bands. Need your help. Support jems and live music

Well, you just joined and have only 2 posts. To most of us--it would seem you joined this site only to get votes for your band. I suggest getting involved in thread conversations here and getting to know everyone--and letting us get to know you. Members would be in a far more positive position to support someone they've been able to get to know vs. Joe Newbie just looking for votes.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Well, you just joined and have only 2 posts. To most of us--it would seem you joined this site only to get votes for your band. I suggest getting involved in thread conversations here and getting to know everyone--and letting us get to know you. Members would be in a far more positive position to support someone they've been able to get to know vs. Joe Newbie just looking for votes.
I'd have to agree with AB here... also...

Don't just expect votes because you play Jems... a true music lover will vote based on your talent, not your choice of instrument.

I know a few Jem owners that have the means to buy them, but not to play them.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicJustMic View Post
I'd have to agree with AB here... also...

Don't just expect votes because you play Jems... a true music lover will vote based on your talent, not your choice of instrument.

I know a few Jem owners that have the means to buy them, but not to play them.
Along with what I posted earlier, and what Mic has added--here's another suggestion.
After we get to know you, go down to the media section and post some videos and/or sound clips of your band. While we're getting to know you--we'll also get to hear your band. I'm sure many others would like to hear it, too and it would be a great starting point for us to gravitate towards voting.
We're a great community and usually support our own. But, we don't know you yet, nor heard your music.

I, for one would gladly cast a vote for you--as long as I know what I'm voting for.
Along with those suggestions, you need 10 posts in order to be granted access to post videos, pictures and sound clips. Go get your 10 posts so we get familiar with you and you can share your music.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 04:31 AM

I play on the same local circuit to these guys and have seen them play. Good sound but evidence is needed to convince the cognoscenti on this site..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 AM

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post

Ummm Iv been here for years and I posted up a thread last week asking jemsite members to vote for a poster I designed and I had not one response...

I hardly think it matters if he joined last week or last decade...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Ummm Iv been here for years and I posted up a thread last week asking jemsite members to vote for a poster I designed and I had not one response...

Some might not have seen it. I don't, or I would have voted.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Maybe no one likes you. Just joking. Seriously, just joking.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:

Didn't see it Freak bro.

Back to OP, when I used to be part of contests, people voted for me because they liked what I did, I never expected them voting for me because of friendship.
These days are strange, people ask to strangers to vote but it should be like if people see something they like, they vote for it and not "hey he's my friend so I'll give him my vote.
Strange.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned

I'll vote for anyone here! Just as long as I know them or have seen or heard what I'm voting for.
Sorry Freak--I didn't see your thread. Is it too late to vote?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM

Reviews: 13

Vote for me because we are in the same forum....that I have been in for five minutes

Or you could try....

Vote for me because you like my music and you think we rock and here is the link.........

Welcome to the site and good luck.....

-Wolfram

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode