FORUM DECORUM: be respectful, civil & post w/ integrity - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
FORUM DECORUM: be respectful, civil & post w/ integrity

Forum Members & Guests,

I started this site/forum a while back as a civil place for Ibanez Jem/UV players to share their enthusiasm of these guitars with others around the world. It's expanded over time to a wider scope.

As times change so does the way we communicate. People were on dial-up 56k modems when Jemsite started and didn't text message while driving. 9-year olds didn't have smartphones, neither did adults for that matter. Forum software just began a migration from Usenet.

What does not change is the expectation at all times to be civil and respectful of who you are communicating with. ALWAYS! Each and every reply/post on the forum.
EVEN IF YOU THINK THE OTHER PERSON IS HIGHLY ANNOYING AND TOTALLY WRONG!

So to interact on jemsite it's expected that you will use good judgment before posting a reply (or new topic). Before you reply to others it's required for you to pause for thought, preview/re-read your reply for sensibility AND THEN post the reply. If you are "arguing" or agitated (with a stranger you never met mind you) then you probably should reply LATER on. While the forum doesn't allow drafts, you can write up a post, save it (email yourself, skydrive.com or evernote.com) and then edit it later when it's a better time.

Since we all clearly understand the Earth is still round...

Moderators will be more actively handing out vacations for 3, 5, 7 days then really long times to anyone who makes rude or inappropriate posts.

Remember the Chat forum offers a place to act out a little. The internet is loaded with places to go and troll and act like RUDE IMMATURE TODDLERS. Jemsite is not one of them. It will not be one of them. If in the real world day-to-day life you are actually quite RUDE AND IMMATURE STILL (thankfully people mostly grow, mature & gain wisdom) you still need to post here as a respectful human being.

Always

Thanks... glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Banned

re: FORUM DECORUM: be respectful, civil & post w/ integrity

Well put, Glen.

A good way to see if your post might offend or come across wrong--do what Glen suggested.
Write your post in Word or Notepad for later. Wait a few hours and read it to yourself. If it seems abrasive--don't post it.
We sometimes post in the heat of the moment...and don't tealize that we might offend someone.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Reviews: 10

Nicely said Glen!

I believe that one of the most important qualities in facilitating respectful interactions between people is empathy - if we practice empathy in trying to understand how our words and actions will affect others then I believe we can build stronger communities - not just on Jemsite but everywhere. I believe...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

I always think,,, don't post anything you wouldn't say to the person if they were standing 2 feet from you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
I always think,,, don't post anything you wouldn't say to the person if they were standing 2 feet from you.
Uh, that's not the best advice for me

I dont think I've said anything rude to people here and I come here to learn alot from the massive encyclopedia that are the jemsite members However, times HAVE changed and people are getting so bad that I try not to avoid going many places outside of here.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 10:48 AM

I actually joined here after leaving a guitar magazine forum .. I won't name names,, I don't even think they have a forum anymore. It was the worst.. Nothing but trolls and threads started just to b*tch about other members. Jemsite was like a breath of fresh air after being on there..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM

It is not just this site. It is the world in general. Too many people feel they are entitled. When things don't go their way they throw a tantrum or strike outward to those they think "wronged" them.

People are told they can have it all and deserve it all. They are fed this from the craddle to the grave.

Tags
decorum , respect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode