Having trouble posting... - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Having trouble posting...

...a new thread in the classifieds section. I have tried several times on two different computers and each time I get the same result. When I click on
'submit new thread' the jemsite screen goes white and that's it. My browser is still open, but I have to back up to get back to where I was. I have listed here a few times with no trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Having trouble posting...

this should not be happening, you might want to try a different browser such as Firefox or making sure you're not using "internet security" software blocking the vBulletin scripts... glen
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 PM

same problem for me when trying to start a new thread in the Music Theory forum. I enter the text of the message, hit enter and get a blank page with "Done" in the lower left corner. Message does not appear in the forum. Tried ~6 times so far. Never had this problem in the past.
Bert
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
site founder 0% owner

did you use "post quick reply" or "go advanced"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 03:35 PM

My problem wasn't with posting a reply, it was trying to start a new thread. As you can see, I'm having no trouble replying.
Bert
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

gotcha... glen
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
this should not be happening, you might want to try a different browser such as Firefox or making sure you're not using "internet security" software blocking the vBulletin scripts... glen
This was the key for me to be able to start a new thread on the Classifieds!!!
Yesterday I tried several times to ad my "FS: Jem 10th", but it just didn't go through. But now I switched off my internet security and BAM!!! It works!

Thanks Glen!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
site founder 0% owner

Gary, can you post what software you disabled and a brief summary of how to turn it off?

it's very hard to google vBulletin info as all hits match the footer on the bottom "Powered by vBulletin Version" so searching problems like this are tricky, even at the vBulletin.com support site.

I think many reading would benefit. thanks... glen
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Good to know that Gary got things to work, but I wonder if our problems are related. I use Norton Internet Security, and have never had problems starting a thread in the past. I haven't switiched browsers or security programs recently. Maybe vBulletin has added a new filter to detect whether someone has anything interesting to say and has therefore elected to tank my posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:30 AM

All I did was - I've got Norton, too - right click my mouse and there popped up a text sequence (freely translated from finnish) "Turn off Norton Internet Security". I chose it and the program asked for how long would I like it be switched off. I chose the shortest - 5 min. - period of time. As soon as I got my ad up, I then right clicked the Norton icon again, on my toolbar, and switched it back on.

I wrote the ad text before hand on Wordpad, so that all I had to do was " copy - paste".

I can't even go through Craig's lists, because it may have gun, sex etc. related stuff (well, of course, I can if I only change the settings, but no need for that).
So, I'm guessing, that the higher internet protection You've got, the less You're likely to start new threads etc. ...

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode