inappropriate conversation - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

inappropriate conversation

Many of my messages in the "world's worst guitarist" thread have been shut down and deleted for being "inappropriate conversation"

I want to know why bascially all of my messages were deleted when the topic turned to religion.

I think I was very subjective with the messages I did post and I don't think the messages were offensive to the extent that they should be deleted.

Maybe I've got the wrong idea and I was deleted because of off topic conversation... in that case, there is about 3000 off topic messages within threads at any time of the day.

I don't like to be the one to complain here about the Jemsite... which I love so much, but I must say, I should be entitled to voice my opinions about religion should someone bring it up in conversation. I am an atheist and proud of it. It doesn't mean I worship the devil. In fact I don't believe there is a devil so could some one fill me in on why I have been cut short.

Jemsite, maybe only you can answer this question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:42 PM

Re: inappropriate conversation

most forums will delete anything regarding race, religion, creed, or politics.

Cause it will always result in feelings hurt, people upset, and negative-ness.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

in that case, things like "dude you need jesus" should be deleted as well. it is not fair that someone can openly suggest that you need religion, but it isn't okay to say that you don't want to hear about it
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:43 PM

Wink Re: inappropriate conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fono22
in that case, things like "dude you need jesus" should be deleted as well. it is not fair that someone can openly suggest that you need religion, but it isn't okay to say that you don't want to hear about it
What ever happened to free speach bro? i get nailed if i mention anything to do with sex on this site, (No Sex , No Religion) - No posts?- oh well it's the Sign of the times- No Freedom!

Cheer up bro your not the only one!- Jake.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Read the rules. They clearly state "NO" politics / religion. It's just too easy to offend people as you have seen first hand. Sex is fine as long as it isnt too graphic (I think, lol) I'm sure Glen will chime in
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:06 PM

Red face Re: inappropriate conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Read the rules. They clearly state "NO" politics / religion. It's just too easy to offend people as you have seen first hand. Sex is fine as long as it isnt too graphic (I think, lol) I'm sure Glen will chime in
Thanx Bro, maybe i lay off the booz & wemen for a wile + tone down my posts alittle & hope 2 never offened my bro's on jemsite again, this is the best site in the world so i'll do my best to stay on topic- (sorry to you all )

- Jake.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 04:25 PM

It would be nice for jemsite to pm us with a warning before suspending us just to remind us of what we are doing wrong, just a suggestion
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:03 PM

It's the harshness in which things are said. They are matter a fact and statements that aren't easily retracted. I think the best thing to do is just follow forum rules and everything will be ok.

Hey nobodies perfect and time to time rules and things get forgotten, but I certainly wouldn't attract attention to it by making a thread on it.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaken777
Thanx Bro, maybe i lay off the booz & wemen for a wile + tone down my posts alittle & hope 2 never offened my bro's on jemsite again, this is the best site in the world so i'll do my best to stay on topic- (sorry to you all )

- Jake.
You're 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
It's the harshness in which things are said. They are matter a fact and statements that aren't easily retracted. I think the best thing to do is just follow forum rules and everything will be ok.

Hey nobodies perfect and time to time rules and things get forgotten, but I certainly wouldn't attract attention to it by making a thread on it.
+1
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:12 PM

I am never a big fan of regulation of discussions and their content, but the truth is that most *large* forums with little or lenient moderation are plain unbearable. Smaller, tightly-knit forums can get away with no strict rules, but big forums just turn into a dump...

(gotta love trolls btw)
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Right... okay. The rules are NO RELIGION... okay I can fully understand that. I wouldn't have posted anything in the first place if that stupid idiot wasn't telling everyone they need god because of the music we listen to.

NO RELIGION ... must mean NO "YOU NEED GOD" posts as well. It is not fair that the moderators are so quick to ban NON-RELIGIOUS comments, but seem to let the "YOU NEED GOD" comments slide by.

How about a bit of consistency!!!!

Lance
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:06 PM

ummm - I don't really think "Dude you need Jesus" was either religious in intent, or for that matter offensive - it's just a colloquial way of saying "find enlightenement bro....." ;^)

I think the Jemsite moderators are actually very consistent, and though I am not remarkeably religious, I get really offended by anyone slagging off or dissing another person's beliefs - it's just not cool at all - neither for that matter is any form of sexism, racism or homophobia - the world has enough problems as it is without inciting, even in jest, any others - so my vote goes - "keep up the good work Jemsite moderators"

Cheers

david
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll
ummm - I don't really think "Dude you need Jesus" was either religious in intent, or for that matter offensive - it's just a colloquial way of saying "find enlightenement bro....." ;^)

I think the Jemsite moderators are actually very consistent, and though I am not remarkeably religious, I get really offended by anyone slagging off or dissing another person's beliefs - it's just not cool at all - neither for that matter is any form of sexism, racism or homophobia - the world has enough problems as it is without inciting, even in jest, any others - so my vote goes - "keep up the good work Jemsite moderators"

Cheers

david
+1 Well Said.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

well, we will have to agree to disagree.

"dude you need jesus" is asking for a debate on religion.

if you don't think so, good for you. i know people out there are just a pissed as i am.

jemsite mods have been good otherwise. if there is no tolerence to religion or politics, then the should be NO TOLERENCE!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 PM

Unhappy Re: inappropriate conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fono22
well, we will have to agree to disagree.

"dude you need jesus" is asking for a debate on religion.

if you don't think so, good for you. i know people out there are just a pissed as i am.

jemsite mods have been good otherwise. if there is no tolerence to religion or politics, then the should be NO TOLERENCE!
What has the world come to "A" bro, anyhow i hope it don't get any worse than what it is now.
Closed Thread

Tags
david mccarroll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode