Jemsite Comparison Shopping - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thumbs up Jemsite Comparison Shopping

We've been working behind the scenes on a new feature that we hope will bring great value to Jemsite members and the guitarist community as a whole. It's called Jemsite Comparison Shopping and we envision it becoming the ultimate place for any guitarist to compare and research before buying anything... from strings, through amps to guitars.

What we are showing you today is a modest beginning... Jemsite Comparison Shopping offers Price Comparison for roughly 3,500 guitar-related-products. We plan on expanding the coverage to roughly 5,000 products over the next couple of months and making it alot more than price comparison:

* We will launch the Jemsite Reviewers Club to encourage members to write reviews and share their experience about the products they've used. In parallel we will engage with Ibanez, AMT Electronics and other mfgs and ask them for products that will be made available to the leading Jemsite Reviewers for testing and review.

* With help from the community, we will create a database with products specs and allow members to easily compare the specs of amplifiers, guitar pickups, etc. Imagine being able to find with a few clicks, all the guitar-combo-amps with Watts: 20W-40W, Speaker size: 10"-20", 2 channels, and price up to $150. And then compare their full specs side-by-side to choose the one that suits you best.

* We will allow members to easily list a product they own and want to sell. These member listings will appear when someone compares prices for that item.

The list of features we will be adding goes on and on but the above is what we would like to achieve over the next 12 months or so.

This is a new feature and as with anything new... it's far from being perfect! The most prominent thing we know needs fixing (but not the only one) is the Search - we are working on it and it will get better over time.

You can help Jemsite Comparison Shopping better too... if you see an offer for a product that doesn't belong, you can click the "Remove" button and it will get fixed.

We would greatly appreciate if you could give us feedback... Problems you see, things that you think would make it better, anything. Just post back here. We want to know what you think!

Enough said... Jemsite Comparison Shopping is available at: http://www.jemsite.com/shopping, or via the Comparison Shopping tab that has been added to the menu that appears on the top-right-hand-side of Jemsite.

Hope you like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:30 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: Jemsite Comparison Shopping

awesome... great idea!!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 07:56 AM

Reviews: 4

I'm gunna use this all the time! Great changes in Jemsite as of late! I noticed the jemsite contributor logo is different too.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

nice work guys... glen
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Vendor

It should be stated that any New Ibanez pricing shown below SMAP is a dealer breaking his dealer policy. All the comparison will show you with a lower price, is a dealer willing to break the rules and advertise a lower price. It does not mean any other dealer wouldn't sell for that price, or far less, it just means the other dealers actually respect the rules and guidelines they are supposed to work within, and won't break them.

It's not a true comparison when you are restricted in the price you are allowed to advertise to the public.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

It's probably also worth saying that you can buy a guitar out of a box for a super low price, or you could look at the bigger picture and get an instrument that RULES!!!

I'm just sayin'
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Vendor

I like to think I cover all the bases these days
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I like to think I cover all the bases these days

I thought you sold GUITARS !!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Vendor

GOOD ONE!

But I sell basSes too, when somebody orders them
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
It's probably also worth saying that you can buy a guitar out of a box for a super low price, or you could look at the bigger picture and get an instrument that RULES!!!
Our sponsors have been invited to join Jemsite Comparison Shopping and one way to make them stand out is to give them positive reviews (to those that deserve them of course)
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:03 AM

Reviews: 34

Looks fantastic.

UK version?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

It's in our list of things to do.

It won't happen for a good few months though.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:08 AM

Reviews: 4

this is gonna be amazing!
i wont buy a pedal which sucks! i wont buy crap strings!
i can finalyl see dedcent things and know im not getting ripped off!
i can see my life fitting into place already . . . .

haha

cam
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 AM

Reviews: 25

Nice to see Jemsite growing......
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks ALL.

I am excited to see the Search working nicely now... pls check it out and let us know if you see problems... It is dramatically better - probably still not perfect.

Tags
best price , buy guitars , shopping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode