jemsite "website" 2016 suggestions & ideas (master topic) - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
jemsite "website" 2016 suggestions & ideas (master topic)

Jemsite members, this thread is open for suggestions & ideas to revamp the jemsite non-forum content. There are a few prior threads about site content out of date, etc. so lets please move forward and use this thread to discuss, brainstorm, share ideas & collect input.

I offer this brilliant quote below as some inspiration & ironically given that it's from a politician...
Quote:
"Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining" - Theodore Roosevelt
Already in progress is the JEM/UV spec sheet & notes regarding each JEM/UV model.

Our new ownership has rapidly bolstered our mobile theme making the site more accessible from phones & non-PCs. A full site overhaul is more substantial but your ideas are welcome and appreciated as well as any assistance you can provide. Thx... glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 06:34 PM

Re: jemsite "website" 2016 suggestions & ideas (master topic)

1. Upgrade to the same forum software TalkBass uses. It's incredible and slaughters vBulletin.

2. Redo logo.

3. Redo the front page.

4. Reduce number of forum subsections.

5. Remove contributor option, add ad slots at the bottom/top and drive traffic via FB PPC. This plus the SEO traffic this place is getting should be more than enough to cover server costs. There's no real need for the contributor option. Can also experiment with driving traffic from native ad companies like Taboola/OutBrain, etc...

I mean really though, the company that bought his place should know how to monetize it better and optimize it for search engines given that's what they do.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Administrator

1 talkbass is on Xenforo, which is flashy but lacks any form of modular function we have a customized software that we use with a VB Core that can be explored as well if people like
2 sure anything you'd like to see?
3 That would likely come with 1 but we can also do it separately if the demand is there.
4 what do you think is cluttered about the sections?
5 That's something that can be discussed.

Honestly we could do a lot of things here but we'd like to get member involvement and feedback, rather we know what you want than to give you something and upset folks as we try to explain why it's better.

Kyle
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 02:56 PM

It would be cool to be able to embed videos rather than having to just post links. ;-)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Jemsite members, this thread is open for suggestions & ideas to revamp the jemsite non-forum content. There are a few prior threads about site content out of date, etc. so lets please move forward and use this thread to discuss, brainstorm, share ideas & collect input.

I offer this brilliant quote below as some inspiration & ironically given that it's from a politician...

Already in progress is the JEM/UV spec sheet & notes regarding each JEM/UV model.

Our new ownership has rapidly bolstered our mobile theme making the site more accessible from phones & non-PCs. A full site overhaul is more substantial but your ideas are welcome and appreciated as well as any assistance you can provide. Thx... glen
As I read this, it appears this thread is for NON-FORUM suggestions. So comments on how to fix the forum are not what is being looked for in this thread.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Vendor

Obviously fixing the red x pictures would be a very nice addition, there's nothing worse than seeing a red x instead of the picture [say, Mace holding the original LNG prototype]. And I should know, considering how many red x's I have on my site!

But I do like the idea of embedded video's on the board, although somebody would have to teach me how if we could
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

If the real story is known I'd like to know more about the history of the swirl!

Maybe even a 'how to swirl' section? We seem to get someone doing it every few years then giving up for health and safety reasons. Is there a way to practise safe swirling?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Obviously fixing the red x pictures would be a very nice addition, there's nothing worse than seeing a red x instead of the picture [say, Mace holding the original LNG prototype]. And I should know, considering how many red x's I have on my site!

Amen to that!!

But I do like the idea of embedded video's on the board, although somebody would have to teach me how if we could
Most guitar forums I'm on it's everything after the = in the youtube url for instance

Malmsteen Disciples of Hell on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BqudwP9q0s

To embed:

[youtubevid]1BqudwP9q0s[/youtubevid]

Def true of SS.org. To embed on FB just click on share and copy'n' paste.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 PM
Vendor

Nice!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Administrator

I just suggest this to the moderators on here.

Lee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode