POP UPS AND AUTO LINKING???? - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

POP UPS AND AUTO LINKING????

Anyone else getting popups and a video screen as well as post that show automatic links for random words????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: POP UPS AND AUTO LINKING????

No pop ups...just the incredibly annoying wraparound ads when I use my iPad to visit jemsite...makes me not want to come here when I'm on my iPad because the wraparound ads are so incredibly freaking annoying
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

That would be annoying as hell man

I haven't seen any of those, but every time I go to a new page there's a video screen that pops up in the bottom right corner, a new window pops open and there's links in my posts that I didn't put there...

This all just started yesterday and it's worse today...

I'm about done with this though... I love this site, but it's starting to seem like a huge security concern
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

What ever it was it's gone now, hasn't happened today at all. I haven't changed anything on my end at all?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

you might have been scroogled.... the evil "don't be evil"company serves bad ads from time to time and/or targets certain browsers to really frustrate annoy people. these are typically self-limiting paid promotions that sites can't easily avoid... g
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 PM

Reviews: 120

I think you may have inadvertantly installed an add-on into your browser that serves this stuff up. Can't remember what it's called, but I did accidentally end up with one that did this after installing some video software.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2013, 08:03 PM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
No pop ups...just the incredibly annoying wraparound ads when I use my iPad to visit jemsite...makes me not want to come here when I'm on my iPad because the wraparound ads are so incredibly freaking annoying

I also get these on the iPad, which is how I do most of my browsing.

It is getting to the point that I actually avoid browsing here as it makes the display move which is a very unpleasant sensation.

Sort it out please admins.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
I also get these on the iPad, which is how I do most of my browsing.

It is getting to the point that I actually avoid browsing here as it makes the display move which is a very unpleasant sensation.

Sort it out please admins.
I'm hearing ya! Getting the same thing via my iPad. I do most of my browsing these days via this wonderful little gateway to the net and those pesky pop up adds make checking in on here very unpleasant. If there is a way to fix it I would be happy to hear about it.

-Wolfram
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 AM

Reviews: 4

I'm using AdBlock plus on chrome and am not having issues. YMMV, but I was no stranger to these ads before.....
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 PM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwd0120 View Post
I'm using AdBlock plus on chrome and am not having issues. YMMV, but I was no stranger to these ads before.....
Yes, on PC not a problem.

On Ipad, really painful.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
Yes, on PC not a problem.

On Ipad, really painful.
This is the exact same experience I'm having.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2013, 07:11 PM

The problem I'm having is when I use my iPhone 4 to browse this site, I get an annoying pop up ad (for RBC Mobile ap) that floats around the screen and seems to move when I try to scroll and if my finger happens to brush any part of it, it immediately leaves my browser and launches the app store app.

Really freakin' annoying. Anyway to stop that on the iphone?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode