?????POST A REVIEW?????? - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, Va
Posts: 2
Reviews: 1
?????POST A REVIEW??????

I got an email from a moderator suggesting that I add more posts so I didn't "go in the bucket." Fat chance that I won't get put "in the bucket" since I spent a VERY LONG TIME (45 minutes or so) composing a review of the BOSS eBand JS-8 but when I clicked the submit button my review NEVER posted and believe me I waited for a ridiculously long time. Why encourage me to post a review if they DO NOT POST! I wasted 2 hours trying to post a review of a product that no one else has reviewed and what I got for my efforts was a post that will have to be rewritten if I want others to have an idea of just how good this product is but I feel like I will be wasting even more time if I complete the review and it again fails to post. My other question is how members are supposed to make so many posts and are encouraged to add reviews and have to qualify to be a reviewer? That's a joke. I started working as a musician when I was 12 years old and I am 62 now. Do the math, I do not need to prove myself to anyone and am insulted by such "rules." If I go in the bucket then so be it but I will NOT attempt another review unless I have a guarantee that I will not be wasting my time. I am NOT an equipment junkie. I have been performing for 50 years and believe me when I tell you that I have owned dozens of guitars and amps and other "toys" in my life but only have 3 guitars and one in the process of being built (by me) so what's a musician to do? I've been building guitars since 1971 and while I have sold a few I do not build them for sale but for me. My amp choices are not what most guitarists "live by" either since I love Roland amps because they are small, light weight and very powerful. I would love to add my opinions of products that I have used but most of that equipment is no longer a part of my "arsenal."

Last edited by magicdave; 01-04-2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added more content
magicdave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Hi, what exactly is the problem? The browser crashed when posting a review and it was lost? Apologies if that is the case. I recommend Firefox & Lazarus add-on to auto-capture form data for cases like this.

If the review was submitted but not published yet that is a different story they are reviewed manually so stay tuned... glen
jemsite is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 5,010
Reviews: 64
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

LOL some people drink too much on new years day lol

Seriously why do you think strangers on the net care about your personal life or your problems?
If you think it'll be a waste of time don't do it.
I did all my reviews and never had a single problem and I did them because I like doing them so they never were a waste of time even if not published for any reason.
And every place,job,company,website etc has its own rules,if you don't agree with them,move to other place where you like its rules.
If nobody told you PMs are PRIVATE so if a mod sent you a message you didn't like,talk directly to him and not in public or send a complain to an adm.

PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE.

LOL
6fingers is offline  
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Dude--chill! When you add a new product, it can take a few days to get reviewed and published. There are only 2 or 3 people that are in charge of that, so it can take awhile. You don't need amount of posts to be a reviewer--anyone can post reviews! You do need 10 reviews to get the badge, though. You just joined Jemsite and have a handful of posts, and 1 review--please relax and spend more time learning your way around the site and getting to know who's who before going off on rants.

Welcome aboard.



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,604
Reviews: 10
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

One thing I will add to this thread is that if you spend too long writing your review then the jemsite system will log you out - but I don't think you can tell when this has happened until you actually hit submit. For example; I spent quite awhile preparing one of my reviews and then I hit submit but then the system told me I had to log back in to continue so I did but then my review was gone and I had to type it all over again, which was frustrating. So now I always copy what I've typed before I hit submit (in case I lose it cuz I'm told I have to log back in) then I can just paste it back in...

I even tried typing my review or post in a word doc and then pasting it in but when I did that the post showed a bunch of text (font types, etc.) that I didn't type...maybe it's an auto html thing or soemthing...

Not sure if this is what happended to magicdave here but it's possible...and this thread seemed like a reasonable place to raise this issue that I've experienced with posting on this site.

I can understand why the site would log you out if there is no activity but it seems to do it fairly quickly, which can be frustrating if you've spent a fair amount of time preparing a review or post and then you lose everything you've typed cuz the system logged you out.
doriangrey is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

I've never been automatically logged off. If you click the keep me signed in box, this will not happen., What the OP is complaining about, is that his review was not published right away. When submitting a review for a product not already listed, it can take days or weeks before it gets added. If someone is posting a review for an existing item, it's usually up within 24 hours. The OP was just pissed that his review didn't post as soon as it was submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
One thing I will add to this thread is that if you spend too long writing your review then the jemsite system will log you out - but I don't think you can tell when this has happened until you actually hit submit. For example; I spent quite awhile preparing one of my reviews and then I hit submit but then the system told me I had to log back in to continue so I did but then my review was gone and I had to type it all over again, which was frustrating. So now I always copy what I've typed before I hit submit (in case I lose it cuz I'm told I have to log back in) then I can just paste it back in...

I even tried typing my review or post in a word doc and then pasting it in but when I did that the post showed a bunch of text (font types, etc.) that I didn't type...maybe it's an auto html thing or soemthing...

Not sure if this is what happended to magicdave here but it's possible...and this thread seemed like a reasonable place to raise this issue that I've experienced with posting on this site.

I can understand why the site would log you out if there is no activity but it seems to do it fairly quickly, which can be frustrating if you've spent a fair amount of time preparing a review or post and then you lose everything you've typed cuz the system logged you out.


AlaskaBat is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:30 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,604
Reviews: 10
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
I've never been automatically logged off. If you click the keep me signed in box, this will not happen.
hmmm....I wonder why it logs me off automatically? I think it only does this if I take too long between typing activity on a reply or review page...

...and sorry but I can't seem to find the "keep me signed in" box that you suggested =0[ Where is this box? maybe that will keep me from being logged off automatically...
doriangrey is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Nevermind--i was thinking of the remember me box. Might be a box in the user CP for keeping you logged on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
hmmm....I wonder why it logs me off automatically? I think it only does this if I take too long between typing activity on a reply or review page...

...and sorry but I can't seem to find the "keep me signed in" box that you suggested =0[ Where is this box? maybe that will keep me from being logged off automatically...


AlaskaBat is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

I was wondering if the OP is having the same trouble I do posting a review....... I absolutely cannot submit one using firefox 3.6.10 or 3.6.11 (currently using) on Win7. If I do the review in IE8, it submits just fine........... Just a thought.

Ryc
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I was wondering if the OP is having the same trouble I do posting a review....... I absolutely cannot submit one using firefox 3.6.10 or 3.6.11 (currently using) on Win7. If I do the review in IE8, it submits just fine........... Just a thought.

Ryc
Ryc,
I don't think he had issues with it locking up, logging him off, hang up, etc. It seemed more like he didn't know that posting a review goes through the "review before publication" process, and was upset that he didn't see his entry in the Boss eBand JS-8 review immediately after posting.



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,156
Reviews: 120
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

FF on Win7 works fine for me too.

Yes i just think the OP didnt read the screen properly too see reviews go through a moderation process.

Where are they anyway? They havent come back to confirm anything after that initial crazy outburst!
LonePhantom is offline  
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
FF on Win7 works fine for me too.

Yes i just think the OP didnt read the screen properly too see reviews go through a moderation process.

Where are they anyway? They havent come back to confirm anything after that initial crazy outburst!
He's been around lurking, but I think he may have his head in the sand right now...



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

yeah..... I was just trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I re-read his post and think you guys are probably right..........

I gotta quit being so easy going sometimes..lol
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:18 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 2,878
Reviews: 4
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

To the OP: chill out, It took almost 3 weeks (maybe more) for one review of mine to show up, some take less, it really can vary *a lot*. Just put your pants back on and take a chill pill.
fwd0120 is offline  
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,156
Reviews: 120
Re: ?????POST A REVIEW??????

It shouldn't take too long now. I take care of publishing new items, and Blackspy takes care of the reviews. There's no new items pending right now. There's probably a few reviews for Blackspy to approve though.
LonePhantom is offline  
Reply

Tags
posted a review

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first clip since May-post hand surgery, post spinal injection Sjonesmusic Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 3 09-12-2006 07:29 PM
DVD review: Joe Satriani Live in SF - techical DVD review jemsite Archived Topics and Common Questions 16 12-28-2001 10:04 PM
Can we post pics on this forum? - Want to post a pic of a pr Triangle Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 0 08-25-2001 06:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome