Review Not Posting - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Review Not Posting

I posted review of RG760 last week but still not showing up.
How long does it take?
When I finished, it said Review Successfully Submitted.

I want to do more reviews, but need to make sure there's no problem with system.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Re: Review Not Posting

Anyone?
I see others getting posted.
Is there a person in control of that function?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 12:12 PM

Reviews: 10

not sure...I'm still wondering why after submitting my 10th review about 2 years I still haven't go my reviewers badge and access to the Reviewers club...also wondering why the search function still doesn't work when that was pointed out a long time ago as well...
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
not sure...I'm still wondering why after submitting my 10th review about 2 years I still haven't go my reviewers badge and access to the Reviewers club...also wondering why the search function still doesn't work when that was pointed out a long time ago as well...
Hopefully, the person in charge of the Review Section will see our pleas for help.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 05:58 PM

I think Alaskabat used to be handling the review section but he's obviously gone so not sure if someone different has been appointed
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I think Alaskabat used to be handling the review section but he's obviously gone so not sure if someone different has been appointed
I just saw that alan_w is admin of section. I sent him a message to let him know our problemd there.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I'm trying to send you PM about info I got, but your inbox says FULL.

I'll try again when you clear it. I got good info!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Reviews: 120

Sorry, I'm the sole person left running the reviewers club, and life really hasn't given me the time required to maintain anything.

I haven't been able to spend time going through new entries, because quite frankly most are usually really badly written, and the effort required to fix up the names of products, add links, fix spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs just takes too long for me to be able to take care of it all.

I'm not sure if there's anyone really willing left who also has the time to maintain it all. Alan emailed me earlier in the week to see how things are going, but quite honestly not much is going on, and not that many reviews are generally put through anyway.

Combined with the absolutely atrocious search feature I don't think it really gets used that much anymore anyway.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Sorry, I'm the sole person left running the reviewers club, and life really hasn't given me the time required to maintain anything.

I haven't been able to spend time going through new entries, because quite frankly most are usually really badly written, and the effort required to fix up the names of products, add links, fix spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs just takes too long for me to be able to take care of it all.

I'm not sure if there's anyone really willing left who also has the time to maintain it all. Alan emailed me earlier in the week to see how things are going, but quite honestly not much is going on, and not that many reviews are generally put through anyway.

Combined with the absolutely atrocious search feature I don't think it really gets used that much anymore anyway.

Are you basically telling us all to not bother posting reviews?
I know mine went though the spell checker.
If you're saying that it's just too time consuming for you, then it's much more time consuming for the person actually writing them.

what is the bottom line here, not bother to post reviews anymore and shut the club down?

Thanks for replying to our help request!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:51 PM

Reviews: 120

I really don't know. The site owners were the ones who set up the scheme, but really haven't had any involvement for a very long time. Anyone that was a member on the site who worked on it has either ended up with too much on their plate to be able to help, or banned for known reasons.

Trust me, if you saw what many people think passes for a quality review then you would know that the moderator spends a lot more time working on fixing them! Many reviews are either pointlessly short, terribly written rambling messes that need a lot of work to make any sense of it, or just extremely badly written with no spell checks, or efforts made with punctuation or paragraph spacing.

Editing almost always takes a lot more time than actually writing.

I really don't know what to do with the club, I still haven't heard back from the site owner. It must not be that important..
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
I really don't know. The site owners were the ones who set up the scheme, but really haven't had any involvement for a very long time. Anyone that was a member on the site who worked on it has either ended up with too much on their plate to be able to help, or banned for known reasons.

Trust me, if you saw what many people think passes for a quality review then you would know that the moderator spends a lot more time working on fixing them! Many reviews are either pointlessly short, terribly written rambling messes that need a lot of work to make any sense of it, or just extremely badly written with no spell checks, or efforts made with punctuation or paragraph spacing.

Editing almost always takes a lot more time than actually writing.

I really don't know what to do with the club, I still haven't heard back from the site owner. It must not be that important..

Thanks for explaining it!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieMango View Post
I'm trying to send you PM about info I got, but your inbox says FULL.

I'll try again when you clear it. I got good info!
my pm box is full because no one has re-activated my membership even though I paid almost 3 weeks ago =(
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
my pm box is full because no one has re-activated my membership even though I paid almost 3 weeks ago =(

try to empty your sent messages. That will clear space.
did you send message to admin?

Tags
gear , review

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode