Too much conversation in classifieds? - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Too much conversation in classifieds?

If so, i'm more than willing to help Glen and Jim out again and give some "support" to organise once again

What does everyone think?

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:08 PM

Re: Too much conversation in classifieds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
If so, i'm more than willing to help Glen and Jim out again and give some "support" to organise once again

What does everyone think?

Rob
I think Jim's been shuttin um down pretty good as of late. But I suppose the more support the better
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:09 PM

I agree. A lot of the time there is idle chat in the classifieds when posts should be restricted to questions.

In saying that, sometimes there is some good information passed on as a result... however we have forums for that.

Lance
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Dunno guys, i used to use the classifieds alot, but i have to sift through too much chat to find out whats sold and what isn't, i know Jim is doing a good job, but i did it 16 hours a day when i was'nt working to keep it inline with the rules.

If everyone is happy with the endless chat then thats cool with me to be honest, even if it does go against the rulings, we have forums for chat, pricing etc, the Classifieds are for sales and should be just that, what is for sale, not what i can get for etc, or i was after one of these how much are they worth etc.

Scan through guys, you'll find what i am saying more than too easily.

Rob
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
Dunno guys, i used to use the classifieds alot, but i have to sift through too much chat to find out whats sold and what isn't, i know Jim is doing a good job, but i did it 16 hours a day when i was'nt working to keep it inline with the rules.

If everyone is happy with the endless chat then thats cool with me to be honest, even if it does go against the rulings, we have forums for chat, pricing etc, the Classifieds are for sales and should be just that, what is for sale, not what i can get for etc, or i was after one of these how much are they worth etc.

Scan through guys, you'll find what i am saying more than too easily.

Rob
I say give him the title glen

You go Rob
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Examples

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43607

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43227

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43219

In the top ten of the UV/Jem classifieds, Now these guys are trying to sell or trade their gear, If it was topic of conversation, there is a Jem/UV section, Honest, it's under, Jem/UV guitars here http://www.jemsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Rob

p.s. Yeah i have got a minor bug up ones rear chuff !!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 08:40 PM

If you make the classifieds inhospitable, then people won't use them. It's a line you need to draw, but people push it 24/7 and you can't watch it 24/7. At some point, you need to decide what you as the moderator are going to accept as friendly no harm stuff and what is just yakking for no point, or even hurtful or argumentative. I generally delete everything hurtful and argumentative, and go on a case by case basis for everything else. There are occasionally days where everyone wants to say, "Wow, that's freaking awesome" and sometimes those help a sale. So, like I said, it's a personal line, and it would be different for everyone. I try to keep the talk down, but I never want to hurt someone's chance to sell something either. I think that would be just an abuse of power.
I can see why you'd want to help; there's plenty of times I'd rather be a full moderator myself ;-) . The bottom line is I try to do what's best for the site without ever harming the site, and I'm open to anything Glen wants to do.

jim
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 08:45 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Thanks guys, i will consider this further ASAP. Right now, first up, i need to get the "classified template" reinstated for the classifieds and that along with other things has limited my time. The vBulletin upgrade caused some trouble with that... glen
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:11 PM

Test post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode