What's going on with this site?! - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

What's going on with this site?!

Yesterday afternoon I tried refreshing my browser and found that I couldn't get back onto the site. I tried once every hour or two for the rest of the day just to see if it was working and it didn't. I tried this morning and it was fine, I checked to see if other people had been posting and it looks like they obviously were when I couldn't get onto the site.

Now bare in mind here that I used 3 different types of browsers on 3 different machines... 1. Firefox and Internet Explorer 7 beta on my own laptop 2. Internet Explorer 6 on my girlfriend's laptop 3. Internet Explorer 6 on my mum's desktop PC.

It's not the only time this has happened. I've had loads of "Database error" messages too. Something is messed up here!

So I'm just bringing it to the Glen and the mods attention mainly, but have any of you guys had any problems too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Re: What's going on with this site?!

Even more screwiness...

Anybody noticed I replied to the "what's your favorite pgm?" thread yet it didn't bump to the top of the list? and it hasn't listed that I posted? Check the time out that I posted and you'll see what I mean.

(oh yeah and there is 2 of those threads on the go for some reason)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 04:47 AM

there are 3 of them
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Banned

I have the same problem. Alot of times it won't let me sign in and I have to type in my login name and password liek 10 times before it finally works. I refresh my browser, and it makes no difference, doesn't matter if I click proceed or "click here if the browers doen't automattically connect you" or something like that. It does it everyday, even if I click "Remember Me" I have to relogin, and when I type in my username and password it like it doesn't even register it, and I have to keep re-doing it until it finally does. I get the database error messages too sometimes when I try to come in, sometime it says it for 10-15 mins, sometimes as long as an hour. Its usally late at night when that happens to me tho.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I forgot to mention, it wouldn't let me on last Sunday either.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:51 AM

I've been having problems too. But mainly just yesterday. I'll let Glen know if he doesn't already.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Banned

I had problems yesterday as well, but many other days before that. When it happens I can go to other websites fine, just not this one, sometimes it won't even load, but every other site works great. I'd say it has the ogin issues with me about 3-4 times a week.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:53 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

i'll ask around. keep in mind the forum requires the database AND web server both to be running smooth. obviously the web can be flakey, regardless... glen
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 09:57 AM

The site does seem to have been having a lot of off days recently.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 10:09 AM

Yeah,i got the database base error a few times yesterday,but it was alwalys ok after a few minutes.I think its most annoying when you want to check new posts and once the site comes back it resets the new post count to zero,or just the last couple
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 03:46 AM

Reviews: 34

I've hada few occasions when I can't connect over the past couple of months but nothing major.

I just sit in a corner and rock backwards and forwards until I am able to access the site.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:18 AM

I've been having problems too.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe
I just sit in a corner and rock backwards and forwards until I am able to access the site.
!!! that's funny!

Ibanez249, I have had problems over the past month with error's, but it seems to be OK now bro, I got no Idea why it happen? I had a twin Thread as well a while back because the first one didn't come up & sometime later it did on it's own?
Maybe it's them new attack bots I'm hearing about, like a super virus or trojan or something that can get in any PC or Server & clone it's self like any good scan bot & act's like a / good bot so it can't be detected & screws up things?

Anyway I hope not.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:08 PM

I disagree it's still having problems. Database errors,etc.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:28 PM

I have never gotten the "remember me" function to work. I think it is just a test to see who will click it.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode