Why so many bad links? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Re: Why so many bad links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Ibanez is no less relevant now than it was then, and plenty are just as passionate about their PBFP JEM's only to come here and have a guy named "Jemsite" tell them they're idiots for buying an Indonesian JEM.
Word!

I was just told in this post the $5k I just dropped on starting my Jem collection didn't matter as nobody cared anymore about them. I call that the "Frog in a well syndrome", where you think the whole world is FUBAR because your well is.

However, I am still sticking with J-Craft until Korea becomes the Masters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:59 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Like I said, remember when this was THE place?
I don't remember or care. Jemsite when i started it thru what 8-9 years ago when it was sold was never about being "the place". It was all about sharing info and knowledge letting the chips fall as they may.

Quote:
Ibanez is no less relevant now than it was then
What they are relevant with now is very different than what excited Ibanez players ~25-30 years ago. They are very relevant in small vacuums.... Artwork signature models and cheap stuff that is show roomed including 7, 8 & 9 strings. But I remember the Ibanez 6-string heyday of walls of MIJ axes in guitar stores - not superstores all among the highest quality in the store.

But maybe you're probably right and Ibanez is more relevant today.

Quote:
and plenty are just as passionate about their PBFP JEM's only to come here and have a guy named "Jemsite" tell them they're idiots for buying an Indonesian JEM.
This is where you - as a dealer gaining profit selling Ibanez product - has a different viewpoint which is OK except when you blame others for pointing out the obvious problem of paying high prices for indo signature axes of dubious quality.

Quote:
And Stealths forum with 300,000 members seems to be doing extremely well, as is SSO, which always has...... while this site has done nothing but wither.
OK that is great... so what? Is your definition of extremely well is lots of posts regardless of signal to noise? Posts championing mediocrity? I ask as this seems to really irk but i'm not particularly sure why it's a surprise or such a concern. No biggie either way.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:16 PM
Vendor

I'm sure you cared it was "the place", when it was. Probably not so much now that's it's a shadow of itself.

I didn't say more relevant, and said no less relevant. It's a bit of a different world than 25 years ago, where almost nobody stocks walls full of anything to showroom for Amazon.......

You want to talk about dubious quality of Indo when the VWH wouldn't intonate for 3 years at twice the price. And then rant about it's EZ2 trem but I'd bet you've never touched one or you would know that while it is definitely not of the quality of a lo pro, it feels superior and is at least as stable, with the benefit of arm tension control. And while you could justify ranting all you want about 555's and 333's the P's have fret end work comparable to J Customs and are only getting more consistent [not that they still don't lack in other areas I have complaints about, at least I have huge amounts of experience when I slag something, not just read a spec list and pricing then start mouthing....]

So, like I've been saying since you sold it to the jagoffs that killed the main site, this place has been taking the slow circle around the drain in the age other guitar forums are thriving. SSO is extremely well moderated, I can't speak to WG but they seem to be doing alot more right than wrong.....
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 10:00 PM
site founder 0% owner

Sorry but now that you called me a liar I step out of the rant. I don't worship Steve and Joe and frankly could care less about status and ego. Vai and Ibanez and their dealer network can promote their product. Happy holidays!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Vendor

Called you a liar that you cared? You cared enough to build this site. Of course you don't care now, you lost the passion for it a decade ago [or more]. There have been at least 2 very passionate members that wanted to buy this site, fix it, and turn it around, I forwarded you all the requests IIRC. Not that you had any pull on what happened to it selling from one forum warehouse to another forum warehouse. But no forum warehouse is going to turn this site around.

And this place was never about promoting any products, it was always about people talking, ranting, wishing, or with many questions, about something Ibanez [usually], old, older, and sometimes new or newer. You started it mostly with your own personal reviews about the "product", when you actually cared about them, which was also last about a decade ago. You spent 7 years posting in little other than photography threads, which, BTW, also seemed to have withered .

Nobody even started a Happy Holidays thread. I think you're the first to have said it, so I'll retweet it.

Happy holidays everybody.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
And then rant about it's EZ2 trem but I'd bet you've never touched one or you would know that while it is definitely not of the quality of a lo pro, it feels superior and is at least as stable, with the benefit of arm tension control. And while you could justify ranting all you want about 555's and 333's the P's have fret end work comparable to J Customs and are only getting more consistent

So, like I've been saying since you sold it to the jagoffs that killed the main site, this place has been taking the slow circle around the drain in the age other guitar forums are thriving. SSO is extremely well moderated, I can't speak to WG but they seem to be doing alot more right than wrong.....
I have to disagree on the feel of th EZ2, Rich, it still doesn't feel as good as a Lo Pro, not to me at least. It feels cheaply made, that's intrinsic to the design though. The posh EZ feels cheap too, even on the J-customs on the other hand the first premium JEM I ever played, one of the SFG ones, felt pretty damn good to me and if the hardware on the latest premiums met my expectations, I'd have several of them because terms aside, I really like a lot of them.

With regards to the site, SSO is (seemingly) a very different demographic than this place, what those guys are into musically and equipment wise is very different and far more current than what the folks here seem to be into. The attitude of the members for the most part is rather different as well. I know my posting style there is very different from here.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:20 PM
Vendor

It's quite OK to disagree. There is plenty on it that feels cheap, especially the fine tuners. But as for playing feel I'm not sure if it has a match in Ibanez of how buttery it is. Feels like it has half the tension of a lo pro, and the flutter is amazing. As for SSO I don't post enough there to know but I do know alot of former members here, moved there, for whatever reason.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:53 PM
site founder 0% owner

Clarification - Regarding "Jemsite" this was started as such purposely the JEM & Universe site. Since i don't half-ass things it was done OK but it wasn't "MUSICsite" or "GUITARsite" or even a smaller subset of that "IBANEZsite" or even IBANEZELECTRICsite or IbanezElectric6stringSite. It was a hobby project and a niche site for a niche model from a non-American brand mostly associated with cheap axes and some affordable, quality shred axes too.

To think for some reason Jemsite over time - regardless of the front page content - would have traffic matching more widely appealing sites with much greater scope, advertising and reach is a bit of a head-scratcher. Likewise to think players would enthusiastically stick to Jems for decades as they age and mature and converse about them is equally a head-scratcher to me also but YMMV.

The peak of jemsite to me was when Vai first toured the USA as a solo musician with G3 and the JEM10 era where the old JEM/UVs were unearthed. Since then what has progressed with JEM/UVs is my question (that can be answered to yourself not debated here).

Happy Holidays!
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:53 AM

Reviews: 10

a lot of chatter that's not really related to the original post - when are they going to fix this site?
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Hey Guys there have been issues that have been fix on the site already, if you can let me know what is broken I can communicate this to the techs to try to have it fixed.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredlikeninja View Post
Hey Guys there have been issues that have been fix on the site already, if you can let me know what is broken I can communicate this to the techs to try to have it fixed.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
Really anything on the front page.

For example:
http://www.jemsite.com/jem/
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

How about all the articles linked on the front page that are uber important for any jem owner? Like this one:

http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez

Not quite sure why you are asking your users to troubleshoot your site when it's obvious your admin staff doesn't even surf it.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Hey,

I see that the ibanez JEM & Universe Info and the Guitar Info links are not working correctly, was there any others that you guys noticed that was not correct? Let us know and we'll send all those homepage issues out in a nice comprehensive package for the tech team to solve.

~Sheena
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredlikeninja View Post
Hey,

I see that the ibanez JEM & Universe Info and the Guitar Info links are not working correctly, was there any others that you guys noticed that was not correct? Let us know and we'll send all those homepage issues out in a nice comprehensive package for the tech team to solve.

~Sheena
You really haven't got a clue have you ?
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 03:43 PM
site founder 0% owner

^ Please be respectful everyone.

Happy new year.

Tags
links , reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode