Why so many bad links? - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Why so many bad links?

Seems all the links on the right sidebar are broken.

Is this site still being managed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 09:05 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Why so many bad links?

reported several times, still not taken care of. no excuses sorry!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Administrator

I don't see a right side bar. do you have a screen shot?

lee
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:14 PM
site founder 0% owner

frontpage (left and right*article menus)
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:57 PM

Reviews: 10

not to mention all the links in the reviews section - basically nothing works in the reviews section. Still waiting for all the great changes that were supposed to be coming after new ownership...
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:38 PM

Basically, the site is defunct and there are like 12 people that post here actively.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 10:53 PM
Vendor

That's what I've been saying. But they only care about how many google hits they get from searchers, and this site always comes back very high in the searches and gets alot of hits. I don't think there is any real interest in fixing the main site that was so broken by the previous owner, especially after they bought so many sites in such a short period of time. It's like asking me to fix all the broken links on my site, it'll never happen.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 02:15 AM

Angry Re: Why so many bad links?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredlikeninja View Post
I don't see a right side bar. do you have a screen shot?

lee

They are still using this account.

On 4-21-2016 they wrote:
''Hello, using this account for the moment while I get my own sorted. ''

Fixing this site aside,

they did not even spend few moments to make own account here.

(Or, at least move avatar photo of previous user)

Last edited by peromucho7; 12-24-2016 at 03:13 AM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 10:55 AM
site founder 0% owner

Being neutral here.... the forum has 100% uptime and is moderated by adult volunteers. There is respectful conversation. Some of the most informed people on planet Earth posting on topic.

Honestly does broken links on the frontpage effect the forum experience? Sure it might not help get site traffic but lets really get on point and dig deeper and see what type of traffic exists in the world today for a 30 year old lineup that is in total stagnation (new 777 re-releases and PAW nostalgia from 25 years ago... stick me with a fork!!!).

* ask yourself first do the JEM & UV offerings really invite conversation? Be honest... what type of conversation is this? A new FP2 compared to the superior original? A lame Indo made facsimile of "woody" a guitar Vai doesn't have on tour? Discussing artwork guitars and $7000 swirls? Um.... got another fork?!?

* Rich can you post sales data of Prestige JEMs in the last 3 years. I'd wager they're really stagnant with a limited audience but prove me wrong please.

* Buyers of premium and 555s will read a few posts and possibly reconsider their purchase.

* Self-promotion is better done on "social" (fb, insta, snap) removing a lot of "come here to self-promote".

* Shred is dead baby, shred is dead! (shot to the bow in '87 from this album and successive kill shots from this album and this album ).

Don't lament the past, embrace the future!

Happy Holidays!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Vendor

Remember when this was "the" place on the internet for everything Ibanez? JEM was just a small percentage of the forum conversation.

JEM sales are doing much better than the forum is....
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 01:36 PM

The online community on Facebook is huge for Jems. I know a ton of enthusiasts through FB. More than I do through Jemsite now.

If I had known this site was up for grabs I would have bought it honestly. It only needs literally like 20 hours of work to fix and dramatically increase traffic.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
The online community on Facebook is huge for Jems. I know a ton of enthusiasts through FB. More than I do through Jemsite now.

If I had known this site was up for grabs I would have bought it honestly. It only needs literally like 20 hours of work to fix and dramatically increase traffic.
You could always see if the current owners are interested in selling it on?

I don't 'do' Facebook, but my wife will let me use her account to scan the odd guitar page. Most comments seem to unintelligible gibberish, which was always the appeal of this place, the depth of knowledge and informed conversation.

But I'm with Glen on the state of the lineup to a large extent. I love the look of the new BFP but to me, it's underequipped without the right bridge, so my interest ends there. I can't warrant a new swirl when they're at the price they are, and to be honest, I've not enjoyed more than a couple of tracks on Vai's albums for as long as I can remember.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 10:01 PM
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Remember when this was "the" place on the internet for everything Ibanez? JEM was just a small percentage of the forum conversation.

JEM sales are doing much better than the forum is....
Maybe my memory is different but JEM/UV and some USA custom discovery in a pre-broadband world really drove traffic to jemsite. And the classified ads competing really with only ebay. Curating specs that were never before online only on paper and incomplete. But the new-ness of seeing Ibanez stuff online was like a trendy toy that would fizzle out of course. People were on PCs without 24/7 internet in their pocket. When jemsite started digital cameras were lo-res and $1k. You couldn't self-promote and connect on social media from anywhere like now.

Again, is there really anything substantive (ON ANY FORUM) to talk about with JEMs or Ibanez? Noone on jemsite passionately cares about 8 and 9 strings or barely 7-strings and cheap models of those is basically what Ibanez has brought to the table lately.

I just don't see IBANEZ brand passion as something tangible or pervasive in the real world. Sure some idolize Vai & Joe and purchase their the ART axes but if they left Ibanez so would those fans. Ultimately, how much discussion can you have about how many RG-JCXYZ axes were made, etc.? Does anyone care? Nope. Quick look ... the Vai forum looks pretty underutilized, does Ibanez still have a forum? I can't find a link on their site. Young adults (and pre-adults) care a lot less about guitars and use snapchat a lot... i wouldn't lose sleep over it.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Wow. That's really depressing. And here I'm excited about Jem's and collecting them. Ah well. Buy high, sell low. Outta sync. Again.

But, I am in the new music scene (not shred and metal), - and were all sick to hell of computer generated music without any emotion or character. I love a Jem cuz it's a players guitar - and one need not sound like Vai to appreciate one. It's versatile. Thats why I have one or 4.

I also appreciate all the wonderful information here! Holy smokes! So much effort has been shared over the years. There's way more value here than the short attention span facebook wall designed to data mine and track you. While I would love to create "friendships" here, to be honest, just give me the data and let's talk via forum without all the political stuff and pictures of cats.

I'll keep adding some information on my discoveries if there's a location for it.

If you need help from a volunteer, hook me up. I'm gung ho and have been doing webwork to pay the bills since the 90's.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Maybe my memory is different but JEM/UV and some USA custom discovery in a pre-broadband world really drove traffic to jemsite. And the classified ads competing really with only ebay. Curating specs that were never before online only on paper and incomplete. But the new-ness of seeing Ibanez stuff online was like a trendy toy that would fizzle out of course. People were on PCs without 24/7 internet in their pocket. When jemsite started digital cameras were lo-res and $1k. You couldn't self-promote and connect on social media from anywhere like now.

Again, is there really anything substantive (ON ANY FORUM) to talk about with JEMs or Ibanez? Noone on jemsite passionately cares about 8 and 9 strings or barely 7-strings and cheap models of those is basically what Ibanez has brought to the table lately.

I just don't see IBANEZ brand passion as something tangible or pervasive in the real world. Sure some idolize Vai & Joe and purchase their the ART axes but if they left Ibanez so would those fans. Ultimately, how much discussion can you have about how many RG-JCXYZ axes were made, etc.? Does anyone care? Nope. Quick look ... the Vai forum looks pretty underutilized, does Ibanez still have a forum? I can't find a link on their site. Young adults (and pre-adults) care a lot less about guitars and use snapchat a lot... i wouldn't lose sleep over it.
Like I said, remember when this was THE place?

Ibanez is no less relevant now than it was then, and plenty are just as passionate about their PBFP JEM's only to come here and have a guy named "Jemsite" tell them they're idiots for buying an Indonesian JEM.

And Stealths forum with 300,000 members seems to be doing extremely well, as is SSO, which always has...... while this site has done nothing but wither.

Tags
links , reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode