WTF is this? - Jemsite
Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

WTF is this?

I got an infraction for clarifying that I -wasn't- breaking the rules here:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63347

And then this shizz happens and everyone is hunky friggin dory?? "Yay! Yippee! Fokk the ruuules. I'm a 'Site Contributor' and I got a new PBK neck bwahahahhahahahah!"

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64990

That is total bullsh*, dude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:24 AM

Re: WTF is this?

it's simple. the rules for the classifieds section say you need a selling price stated, so a mod told you you needed one.

in the other thread the same thing happened and a mod told him he needed a selling price.
the main infraction was just to not state a price, i guess any other infraction you may have gotten came from disputing it..
but you can see where the mods are coming from. the rules are there and the mods are there to enforce them.

you got annoyed, it happens to all of us, just let bygones be bygones now though. following a few rules is a small price to pay for the great info and community here on jemsite no?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:33 AM

if you''d like to put forward some good points and discuss in a friendly way why you think the rule could be changed.. i don't think any mods would mind friendly discussion like that, if you feel strongly about it, make a thread in offtopic and see what others have to say.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:38 AM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: WTF is this?

This thread is a bad idea and might lead to further infractions!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
it's simple. the rules for the classifieds section say you need a selling price stated, so a mod told you you needed one.

in the other thread the same thing happened and a mod told him he needed a selling price.
the main infraction was just to not state a price, i guess any other infraction you may have gotten came from disputing it..
but you can see where the mods are coming from. the rules are there and the mods are there to enforce them.

you got annoyed, it happens to all of us, just let bygones be bygones now though. following a few rules is a small price to pay for the great info and community here on jemsite no?
Did you even read the whole thread or did you just feel like commenting to kiss up? I was NOT selling ANYTHING. It was for a TRADE. Since I stated it was for a TRADE then I couldn't discuss any SALE in the thread. If someone wanted to buy it then it'd have to be done off the site to stay WITHIN the rules.

I didn't break any rules. This is just a clear cut case of duplicity. This dude comes up and straight says "Hey, fokkers, screw your website's rules. I've got this to sell and I don't want to state a price" then Mr. Site Contributor comes along and happily snatches it up. Then there's NO discussion about any rules being broken.

It's not a matter of "let bygones be bygones" when my name had "Infractions (1)" next to it for a completely bullshiznit reason and people are happily marching through the site CLEARLY doing what I was ACCUSED of without even the slightest reprisal.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:46 AM
Vendor

You're about to have more infractions. Policy is not to be challenged. As soon as you said PM to discuss a price then you were using the thread for a sale without having a price stated.

The other thread lasted a total of 1/2 hour before it was sold. I supposed you expect 10 moderators to be monitoring every thread 128 hours a day? Of course the other thread was in violation, and a mod probably hasn't even seen it yet. But instead of sending one a PM, or using the "report thread" link, you decided to open this thread and get yourself more violations. Nice choice.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S View Post
This thread is a bad idea and might lead to further infractions!
With respect, I could give a rat's posterior...

The threads are there to see and anyone with any sense of rectitude can see it for what it is.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 AM

Reviews: 1

Shred -
Why dig a deeper hole?

A) This is a great site.

B) The Rules are clearly stated.

C) Moderators have all the power dude. Wake up.

D) You will never win against the Mods -so get with the program.

E) Get over it and move on.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 AM

Bigshred, i tried to help you out and calm you down because bottom line- there's nothing you can do. instead, you jump down my throat.. suit yourself, but is that the sort of person you want to be?
Rich's post above clearly states the specifics of the other threads.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic View Post
Shred -
Why dig a deeper hole?

A) This is a great site.

B) The Rules are clearly stated.

C) Moderators have all the power dude. Wake up.

D) You will never win against the Mods -so get with the program.

E) Get over it and move on.
A) No doubt. Otherwise, I wouldn't care.

B, C & D) I'm not trying to win against the Mods. I'm trying to highlight that there was a level of amercement exacted upon me that, in my view, hasn't been applied on others.

E) No one is getting what I'm saying, so I have no choice but to "get over it and move on". It still doesn't rectify things, but that's life.

Yet, warning me with "Dude, shut up or you're going to get infractions" isn't prohibitive to me. I am not questioning the rules, which in itself is to break them. I am saying that the rules weren't applied correctly in my case. No one agrees with me so I guess that's where it ends.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman View Post
Bigshred, i tried to help you out and calm you down because bottom line- there's nothing you can do. instead, you jump down my throat.. suit yourself, but is that the sort of person you want to be?
Rich's post above clearly states the specifics of the other threads.
I wasn't jumping down your throat. I guess other people use CAPS to yell. I use them for emphasis.
Closed Thread

Tags
pbk neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode