D-Tuner use with Edge/LoPro - can you use a D-Tuna on an Iba - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

D-Tuner use with Edge/LoPro - can you use a D-Tuna on an Iba

Has anybody tried putting a EVH D-Tuna on an Ibanez guitar? I'd assume that it may be difficult/impossible on a lo-pro edge, but does it work on the original edge? (Don't bother answering re: the TRS).

Too much time off work gets me antsy to work on guitar projects... I planned on rewiring just one guitar. Now I'm rewiring 3 guitars and itching for other projects to work on (aside from things like "cleaning the house", and "working on my taxes" ).

Thanks,
--Brent

(Edited by bduersch at 4:56 pm on Dec. 29, 2000)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 05:16 PM

You can tuna fish

Hi bduersch,

I haven't tried it myself but someone I know suggested this

>Just turn your fine tuner sharp, as far as it
>When and if you want to go into
>dropped-D tuning, there is no need to unclamp, just turn the fine tuner up
>all the way and presto, a working man's D-Tuna!!!

Good luck!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 06:24 PM

You can tuna fish

The only problem I can see is that the trem rout on Ibanez guitars is not long enough to compensate for the extra length the D-Tuna adds to the locking screw.

Otherwise, I am pretty sure it will work.

If you've got more than one guitar I'd say just tune one of them down to D.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 06:30 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
You can tuna fish

From the old Forum FAQ Topic:
http://jemsiteforum.com/discus/messages/36/1403.html

Either way, you will have block out the "float" for it to stay in tune with the d-tune. Preventing the bridge from pulling sharp will do it... glen
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:26 AM

You can tuna fish

I used to have a D-Tuna installed on my 1990 RG570. *Instead of blocking the trem, I used a trem stabilizer (much like a trem setter). *This worked fairly well, but I would always have to make some fine tuning adjustments when switching between concert pitch and dropped-D. *When I decided to lose the trem stabilizer because I did not like how stiff the trem felt with it, I also took off the D-Tuna. *I then went out and bought an AX320H with the Hipshot D-tuner factory installed. *Granted, it's a fixed-bridge guitar, but most of the songs I play that require dropped-D don't really need a whammy bar anyway.

Jason
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 11:37 AM

Reviews: 5
You can tuna fish

I have an EX350 that has the OFR (Original Floyd Rose) and I use the d-tuna on it. *To keep the trem relatively stable I used a Hipshot Tremsetter. *When it's in standard, the whole thing stays in great tune, but when I drop it to do, the who thing goes sharp a little. *It still sounds ok because the strings are in tune with each other, but in truth it is probably a semitone off everywhere.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 05:47 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
You can tuna fish

#Moderation Mode

Moved for Forum Archive Area

<a href="http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic.cgi?forum=17&topic=5" target="_self">Moved here</a>
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 AM

Re: D-Tuner use with Edge/LoPro - can you use a D-Tuna on an Iba

Is Tremolo No better?!?

I know you'd still have to open locks to drop D, but is it better??
I have a licenced Floyd Rose, can i use it?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Suspended

will only work if you set your edge to dive bomb only. Using a "glued" piece of wood maybe 1/4 thick and jam it between the body and the back of the trem (Part that goes thru the body between the saddles and the springs).

Another note, setting your trem to dive bomb only with this method has the added bonus giving you more sustain since the string vibrations better transmit into the body of the guitar.

Or buy a peavey wolfgang, on eveil bay (get the one with teh tone knob) their USA made not korean
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM

Reviews: 120

I've installed a Tremol-no and a D-tuna on an original Edge trem and it all works great together. Just lock to the Tremol-no to hard tail or dive only when using the drop D and all is well.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 PM

truthfully...theres really no need for the d-tuna. My effects rig has a function that will tune the whole guitar down to D...without the headache of a D-tuna.It works great

Tags
floyd rose , hipshot tremsetter , ibanez guitars , pro edge , trem setter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode