Delete this account - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Delete this account

I don't like this site , or the rules here. I see no way to delete my account. I don't want to be part of this, nor counted toward your count when advertising.

Please delete my account or advise how to do it myself.

Now - You guys are locking my threads asking to get off of here. PLEASE - Let me delete this account.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Re: Delete this account

It doesn't seem to be something that a moderator can do, so it's probably an admin only function. I suggest you PM the site admins and see if they'll be kind enough to delete your account.

The nearest I can do is to ban you as a user.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Vendor

Then please ban him so he can't start yet another thread like this.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I even tried to help him understand why his threads were being locked.
All he does is post links to his eBay ads. Then wonder why they get locked.
He doesn't care about the site, because he can't post ebay listings...

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
It doesn't seem to be something that a moderator can do, so it's probably an admin only function. I suggest you PM the site admins and see if they'll be kind enough to delete your account.

The nearest I can do is to ban you as a user.

Thanks for the advice. Can you please put me in touch with an Admin? I would like this account deleted, not banned.

As for the other replies: More reason I don't want to be here. I'm asking nicely - Please help me delete my account.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
If this isn't the proper forum for this request, please advise which one would be correct. Suggesting to ban me isn't helpful. I want to leave, let's do this properly.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
All he does is post links to his eBay ads. Then wonder why they get locked.

He doesn't care about the site, because he can't post ebay listings...
Not true - This is my second post asking to leave. The first one was locked, for no reason. I understand that the rules prohibit any eBay link. And you are correct, I don't agree with that. So I'm doing the right thing and asking to leave.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Vendor

You don't have to ask to leave, all you have to do is leave. You don't have to make extra work for somebody else to do so. It's quite simple, just do not come back.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewitt View Post
Not true - This is my second post asking to leave. The first one was locked, for no reason. I understand that the rules prohibit any eBay link. And you are correct, I don't agree with that. So I'm doing the right thing and asking to leave.
As I told you, and in encouragement--this is a great site with many wonderful and helpful members.
We have rules just like every other forum.
If your only reason for joining was to post threads for your eBay listings--that's just wrong.
It seemed as though you just didn't bother to read the rules before posting.
You didn't even post in the Account Verification or New Members Introduce Yourselves threads. When the mods closed your thread--you just wanted to leave.
Like I previously mentioned--take a deep breath, read the rules and stick around.
If you want to sell items--do it! Just make sure they aren't listed on eBay or other auction sites.
This is in no way disrespectful to you, you weren't singled out--you just have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
That eBay rule is there for good reason. No need to get upset about it.
It's for protection--as are the rest if the Jemsite policies.
The site admin is far too busy with "real life" issues than to worry about something as trivial as this.
Our mods are top-notch and handle these issues in a quick and respectful manner. I'm sure your request has already been passed over to them.
If you just can't follow the rules and don't want to be part of the best guitar forum on the Internet--just stop logging in and posting these threads.

One upset rule-breaker is certainly not contributing to the community or the traffic statistics--well, actually these repeated threads and posts do.
Really sorry to hear about your discomfort, but you should have read all of the rules before even posting.
I suggest that before joining and posting in future forums--read their rules before you run into the same problem.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
You don't have to ask to leave, all you have to do is leave. You don't have to make extra work for somebody else to do so. It's quite simple, just do not come back.

More of the fine folks here - Why would I want to say here? Boo!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Vendor

And why are you so hell bent on having the account deleted?! It makes absolutely ZERO difference. If you want to leave, just go away. And I've never seen anybody's account deleted here, ever.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
As I told you, and in encouragement--this is a great site with many wonderful and helpful members.
We have rules just like every other forum.
If your only reason for joining was to post threads for your eBay listings--that's just wrong.
It seemed as though you just didn't bother to read the rules before posting.
You didn't even post in the Account Verification or New Members Introduce Yourselves threads. When the mods closed your thread--you just wanted to leave.
Like I previously mentioned--take a deep breath, read the rules and stick around.
If you want to sell items--do it! Just make sure they aren't listed on eBay or other auction sites.
This is in no way disrespectful to you, you weren't singled out--you just have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
That eBay rule is there for good reason. No need to get upset about it.
It's for protection--as are the rest if the Jemsite policies.
The site admin is far too busy with "real life" issues than to worry about something as trivial as this.
Our mods are top-notch and handle these issues in a quick and respectful manner. I'm sure your request has already been passed over to them.
If you just can't follow the rules and don't want to be part of the best guitar forum on the Internet--just stop logging in and posting these threads.

One upset rule-breaker is certainly not contributing to the community or the traffic statistics--well, actually these repeated threads and posts do.
Really sorry to hear about your discomfort, but you should have read all of the rules before even posting.
I suggest that before joining and posting in future forums--read their rules before you run into the same problem.
First - I'm not upset. I just want to have this account deleted. Pretty simple. If you feel the Admins are above a request like this, all the more reason to want to leave.

Then - Yes. I did join to post my JEM for sale. Isn't that what this site is about? It's about JEMs and I was selling one. Seems simple. Not here to chat, not here to introduce myself. Now, not wanting to be here at all.

I did read the rules. Sorry if I got that wrong, I thought it meant live links to eBay auctions. I miss understood. It's your (the site's) choice to have rules and my choice to want to be part of it or not. I choose not.

And I choose to not support this site. A great way to make that happen is for and Admin to delete this account. Or, like other sites, have a way I can do it myself.

Thanks for your friendly message and post. But it isn't helping. I do mean that respectfully.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
And why are you so hell bent on having the account deleted?! It makes absolutely ZERO difference. If you want to leave, just go away. And I've never seen anybody's account deleted here, ever.
THIS!!!!!

For someone hell-bent on having an account deleted, you sure are spending a bunch of time replying in here.

Rich is not only a reputable vendor, but also one of the most highly respected and helpful members here.
He's probably just trying to figure out why you keep coming here and posting this rant when it's easier to just not bother coming back.
Not trying to be disrespectful, and you know I encouraged you to stay--but if you hate it so much, then the easiest soluton us to just leave and forget about the place.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
If you are really asking, and I'm guessing you are not - Just read my first post - Sites are supported by ads, they receive payment based on the number of members and the traffic. I am asking to be removed from that. I don't like the rules here, so I want to leave.

The reason you've never seen an account deleted is just for that reason - To keep the numbers high. And/or it isn't a public announcement.

Yes - I know that posting is the exact opposite of what I'm asking for. But I'm trying to answer the questions in my thread to be polite and hopefully get an Admins attention who might be able to help me delete this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Suspended

Quote:
THIS!!!!!

For someone hell-bent on having an account deleted, you sure are spending a bunch of time replying in here.

Rich is not only a reputable vendor, but also one of the most highly respected and helpful members here.
He's probably just trying to figure out why you keep coming here and posting this rant when it's easier to just not bother coming back.
Not trying to be disrespectful, and you know I encouraged you to stay--but if you hate it so much, then the easiest soluton us to just leave and forget about the place.
I don't know how you can take a simple request and misconstrue it as a rant - I've done no ranting, I've been polite and respectful. See above for more clarification on your query.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode