Help on choosing a new guitar! - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

Help on choosing a new guitar!

Hi there!

Im new to this forum and this is my first thread!

Well im looking for a good Ibanez superstrat type guitar as an upgrade from my cheap strat copy cuz im transitioning into an intermediate player and im looking for something more specific to my style.

I want a guitar that is versatile but mostly for Metal and SHREDDING! Preferably a RG. It has to be a Superstrat with a Pickguard and preferably with a Rosewood fretboard and HSH config.

I have a few guitars im considering buying now.

1. RG350M
2. RG550 2nd hand (not the 20th version)
3. Jem Jr/Jem333

Which one should I get and are there any more recommendations?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Help on choosing a new guitar!

RG's are great for many kinds of music. I do Jazz Fusion and Maiden in the same setlist. The guits you mentioned are great. The bad news is that the pu's aren't top quality. You won't have to worry about this until you really start to dig in with your chops though. They're sort of thin. However It'll hold up just fine up to the point where you could go on a tour with them with a high quality amp. Take those into consideration, and if you aren't satisfied with these guits, go for ESP/LTD or Jackson.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Haha well i don't really care about the Pickups or tone im just after playability and looks :P Thats why i was thinking of the RG550 in the first place as it is a very easy and fast guitar to play.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:21 PM

Reviews: 1

Alright, the 550 has looks and tone. You'll want to stick with it, trust me. Like I said before, also take into consideration Jackson and ESP. They are other considerable guits for shred.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 11:42 PM

i own a ltd george lynch model really hot pickups thin maple neck awsome guitar i think there only like 400 now unless u want the esp
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrocker1 View Post
i own a ltd george lynch model really hot pickups thin maple neck awsome guitar i think there only like 400 now unless u want the esp
This thread is 8 months old--I think he found a guitar by now...

Tags
new guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode