How much to offer for an RG550? (UK) - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

How much to offer for an RG550? (UK)

Hi there. Looking to buy an RG550 but I don't really know what to offer here in the UK. How much should I expect to pay for one in very good condition, is there anything I should look out for in particular to bring the price down or up?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Re: How much to offer for an RG550? (UK)

I own an RG470, at the time that was about £400... I'd reckon for an RG550, second hand, you'd be looking about the same.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM

Hi TM7V,
how're ya doin' man?

Here in Milan, Italy in a very famous store of ours, guitar you mentioned was offered used and in "original wear" condition for around €. 600,00 (I guess around £. 400.00 with no mark up).

With "original wear", I mean that the guitar was perfectly funcioning, and aptly stringed and tuned (this guy's pro and had it a low-cost backup for working musician agenda) but pickup magnets and even pickguard screws were openly stained and top was sweated on and plainly dusted.

Well: that one guitar is actually sold.

Hope to be of any help
Wallace
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

There are several factors that will affect the price including

- The condition, be careful to check the wear and tear, the headstock scarf joint, the neck pocket and the bow of the neck)
- The colour, certain colours go for more than others
- The year, certain years go for more than others depending on the features you want
- Whether it comes with a case or not
- whether it has original or aftermarket pickups (and which ones)

My last 2 RG500s have been in less than ideal condition (one a write off) but less than £250, my last "good" RG500 was in good condition and was just over £400 including gig bag.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM

check if it stayes in tune

Tags
rg550

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode