jem7v - first time buyer - newbie help - Page 2 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 08:44 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

THE wisest choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 10:32 PM
rvj

jem7v - first time buyer

Ahh...the 7VWH, reminds me of my first Jem. --rvj
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 10:44 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Now,............ play the guitar.
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 10:51 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Brand new or used?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-01-2001, 11:52 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Damn all you 7VWH owners! *I envy you immeasurably! *:biggrin:
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-02-2001, 12:01 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Heh, I did too before I got mine. :biggrin:
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 01:50 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

I feel that a lot of people look down on the RG due to its price when compared to the Jem. *I like both guitars, and the RG 5xx even feels faster than my Jem7VWH. *While there are many things i prefer on the jem over the RG, you really can't argue with the value you're getting.

Properly set up RGs play as good as any other electric out there.

My friend is a new owner of a RG570. *I wish I had one.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-11-2001, 02:08 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Well some people also look at it in terms of the time and detail going into a sig. guitar rather than a stock RG.

I don't see how an RG is faster though.
Get good pickups in them and give them a good set up then yes I agree... you have a kickass axe.
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-13-2001, 09:08 AM

jem7v - first time buyer

Congrats on the 7V ! I'm awaiting mine next days.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-28-2001, 06:58 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

I just put mine on layaway! *As soon as I unload my Gibson, I'll be able to pay for it all! *Yippee!!!!! *:biggrin:
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 12:52 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

allright Ive got just one or two questions for you jem guys. *First off how did you pay for the jem. *Sure I know alot of you cats make some serious money, and I got a new job running tech support for Hewlitt Packard. *But how did you most of you go about financing layaway etc? * I think this is a good question that hasnt been addressed. *And since I now have some disposable income Im planning on getting myself a jem 7vwh. * One last question though. * Do you guys prefer the jem 7vwh neck with the plain maple neck, or the bubinga wood version? *And which one is more stable? *I would imagine the bubinga wood version is more stable. *Do any of vais jems have bubinga wood strips? *Or joes? *Do they have a preference either way? * Thanks for the time guys. *
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 06:19 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

There is no bubinga stripe on any Jem7vwh neck.
The neck kicks brutal a$$, as far as I'm concerned, it's the most comfortable neck for me.
Jems with bubinga stripes are the 7DBK, DNA and 90HAM. Satch models 900, 10th, 90HAM and 1000 have bubinga. I don't notice any diffrence with or without the stripe. I'm sure it adds something. OTOH, I have an old wizzard (87) which is paperthin, and stable like a rock, so..
Lastly, you really should play and testdrive these guitars before getting one, there is a huge diffrence between all these axes as far as feel is concerned. Good luck..
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 06:22 PM

jem7v - first time buyer

Oh and about the money...
Buy a guitar when you can afford it. All that stuff with loans or credits or 'buy now and pay later' crap make the guitar less enjoyable. No greater feeling than to say ' This baby is MINE' compared to 'this baby is owned by my bank, but in the future it may be MINE'.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-16-2002, 07:35 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
jem7v - first time buyer

Quote:
JackButtler on 11:52 am on Feb. 16, 2002
allright Ive got just one or two questions for you jem guys. *First off how did you pay for the jem. *Sure I know alot of you cats make some serious money, and I got a new job running tech support for Hewlitt Packard. *But how did you most of you go about financing layaway etc?
I think layaways are just an easy way to get into debt. I'd suggest having full CASH available before purchasing. Even if using credit card... pay it off in full when the CC bill arrives.

Quote:
*And since I now have some disposable income Im planning on getting myself a jem 7vwh. * One last question though. * Do you guys prefer the jem 7vwh neck with the plain maple neck, or the bubinga wood version?
as stated above teh VWH neck has no bubinga stripe.

Quote:
*And which one is more stable? *I would imagine the bubinga wood version is more stable.
Neither JEM neck is more stable IMHO, but when the neck gets thinner and thinner (ie. Wizard-like) the bubinga stripe is probably a smart idea.

Quote:
*Do any of vais jems have bubinga wood strips? *Or joes? Do they have a preference either way? * Thanks for the time guys.
See the spec sheet... a few newer JEMs have the stripe. None of Steve's tour axes had the stripe, but why would they since the VWH neck comes without it ...glen

edit quoting

(Edited by jemsite at 6:36 pm on Feb. 16, 2002)
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 07:07 PM

How much are the jem 7w's? I was looking into getting an rg570 and changing the pickups. There is really all those difference's and the JEM is a lot better?

Tags
basswood body , body shape , candy apple red , custom shop , direct mounted pickups , edge trem , edge trems , flamed maple , ibanez custom shop , jem neck , killer guitar , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mounted pickups , music store , sharkfin inlays , slant cab , steve vai , tone zone , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode