jem7v - first time buyer - newbie help - Page 3 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 09:24 PM

I had a blue RG570. Comfortable player guitar, good build quality, less than desirable tone, and somewhat less than aesthetically pleasing. It just did not feel nor sound right for me. I tried a few different pickups (Duncan JB, DiMarzio Fred and Tone Zone) but nothing quite worked. I sold it to buy a Les Paul - which (to me) just killed it for tone. I sold the Les Paul to buy a JEM7VWH. No regrets...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-22-2003, 09:58 PM

so what exactly did not like about the tone? It does have a basswood body (what does the jem have).. maybe you didn't like that.. Was it too bright?
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2003, 01:26 AM

It had a basswood body with a flamed maple top. I was playing it through my JCM800 50w head and Marshall 4x12 slant cab. The tone (hard to describe) was 'thin' - not deep enough. It felt as if the wood that they used to construct this guitar was (in the grand scheme of things) meant to be a table or a chair. Loose bass, nasal mids, tinny highs is the best way that I can describe it. Of course this is all subjective and I havent played the guitar in 5-6 years.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 06:35 AM

Re: jem7v - first time buyer - newbie help

Hello,

I got some questions. I got a 7v Wh Jem. I'm the 3rd owner, so it was used. So, the gold hardware is dingy a little bit. How to repair myself. Any idea?
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M View Post
hi, im about to go jem hunting in various shops. I tried some RG's already and a 7vwh which was a very nice guitar, just the feel of it was great. anyway, before i go speding a hell of a lot a money, can somone tell me the major differences between the jem7v and an RG550EX for example. On paper they are very simular in spec. I know the jem feels a lot nicer. I havent had a chance to turn one right up and see how they compair then, so i suppose thats wot im relying on you guys to tell me. So basically can somone gimme teh low down

Cheers

Al M
In my experience of the ibanez range a jem is basically a deluxe version of a rg so in the 2 i've had (rg777vdy & currently rg77 floral) i'd say expect the same guitar 'feel' but with a smoother neck and a 'larger' pick up sound.Oh & a weird at first but usefull north facing lead jack & a handle which is strangely usefull when you get used to it.If you get a floral also expect to get freaked out by the fact that the design isn't a paint job its cloth!!!(Don't worry though its not a furry finish its still got a clear guitar laquer!)God bless Steve Vai's mum's curtains.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 04:12 AM

hi guys,

im from malaysia, my auntie got me a Ibanez JEM 7V for my birthday. but sadly i wanted another guitar. im looking to sell mine. It is brand new, no fret wear, no scatches, gold hardware still shinny with hardcase. Manufactured in 2008, if anyone is interested im willing to sell it at a bargained price. please email me
for details and pictures.

THank you
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 07:23 AM

1. Congratulations on reviving an old thread.

2. Use the Classifieds section of the forum to advertise your guitar.

3. I don't want to tell you what to do with your stuff, but imho you shouldn't sell a gift, especially from family. A VWH doesn't come cheap in Malaysia so it must've cost your aunt quite a bit.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 PM

Hi,
i want to buy a electric guitar processor.i am ready to spend 500$ for it,but i am looking for best processor on this range.please help me on this, am so tired of doing research on internet and so confused
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 09:25 PM

very confused .................
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
very confused .................
Thread necromancy explanation, courtesy of Hikey Mikey:

Quote:
I wondered about this for a while but then I figured it out. At the bottom of each topic page, there are lists of "Similar Threads" or "You may also search for" terms. If you're reading a current thread about, for example, the RG550, and there are more links that interest you, you'll click on those links and read on.
Its the only explanation that makes sense.

Tags
basswood body , body shape , candy apple red , custom shop , direct mounted pickups , edge trem , edge trems , flamed maple , ibanez custom shop , jem neck , killer guitar , les paul , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mounted pickups , music store , sharkfin inlays , slant cab , steve vai , tone zone , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in