Keeping the neck in tip top condition - What to use? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 02:43 PM

Keeping the neck in tip top condition

Since you all seem to use this FAST FRET stuff I thought I'd give it a go. So I went out and bought it. When I got home I opened it and looked at it and thought 'What the hell am I meant to do with this thing? '

How do you put it on the fingerboard?

Do you have to take thie strings off?

What is the best way to put it on the strings?

How much do you put on?

This is all very :confusing: to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 10:02 PM

I think your supposed to wipe down the strings while their on the guitar.

I use lemon oil on all my fretboards between string changes because it keeps them looking dark and the color is even throughout the entire face.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-02-2001, 04:16 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

Moved to FAQ area. This is not a valid question for Ibanez will address, although it makes for good forum discussion outside the 'Comments to Ibanez area'
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:15 PM

I use Fast Fret too.. You can't really wipe it on the fretboard because of the way it is made... It is not a liquid or a spray, the best to describe is it is a bit like a hard sponge... So you can just apply it by rubbing it along the string... It applies a small amount of "oil" on the string so when you play you will notice your fingers will glide on the string.. it almost eliminates friction when going up and down a string...
It is a great product, but you have to apply it regularly cause the effect wears off pretty fast as your fingers are wiping the oil off the strings... I have been using it since many years and it does not harm the wood at all...

One of my guitar is a Washburn N4, and it is bare wood all over...To clean the body and the neck/fretboard, I use Murphy's Oil soap...It does a very good job, and I think it also protect the surface of the wood.... So I would definitely recommend it on the bare wood on your guitars...
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 AM

Re: Keeping the neck in tip top condition

ive used lemon oil for years and years gets all the crap off the neck never done any harm to my guitars
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM

Re: Keeping the neck in tip top condition - What to use?

i use Dr. Ducks Axe Wax on my rosewood fretboards and a damp rag on my sealed maple boards.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM

Re: Keeping the neck in tip top condition - What to use?

oh, and i also use Martin guitar polish when things get really smudgy; generally though i'll just wipe down the body with a dry guitar rag.

Tags
beautiful guitar , fast fret , maple fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode