Line 6 Flextone amps - opinions needed - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Line 6 Flextone amps - opinions needed

I need opinions about Flextone amps because I don,t have enough money to buy a real Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier or Marshall but there is one quite cheap Flextone 60W available, so I'd like to have some opinions about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 01:15 PM

Line 6 Flextone amps

I'll tell ya something, I own a flextone II plus (the 60 watter) and I think it sounds great once you find *your own sound on it. They don't sound like the real things (but they are like 99% acurrate) so they sound real to the untrained ear. I luv it, it doesn't really sound bad until you make the sound wet. It's usually better to leave it dry and use stomp boxes or rack effects for the effects. But overrall, I think it's a great "bang-for-the-buck" type amp.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 04:19 PM

Line 6 Flextone amps

I really like mine and I own a JTM-45 Marshall, and *Boogie DC. *And it emulates 'pretty' darned close to those respective sounds...

I use it now for live rehearsals and gigging cuz I really hated the notion that I would take all that weight with me down and up my place!!!

I have to admit however, that you really need some good tweaking hands to sit with the sounddiver software to dial in the sounds..>Their are some incredible tones that it can generate, and the secret is in the software as tiny and ACCURATE tweaks can be done to really develop your sound..

I would highly recommend it for gigging...ad one to your rig...

my only gripe...the fx loop is line level at -10dB....

tweak tweak tweak
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 06:31 PM

Line 6 Flextone amps

I have the Flextone II XL and a Pod Pro. *I love them. *I don't spend any time worrying about how close it sounds to the real thing. *All I care about is getting some great sounds out of it. *"That" it does well!!! *I'm pretty ****
about by sound and I love this Line 6 stuff. *I've had plenty of Mesas and Marshalls to know. *I'm completely satisfied with the L6 stuff. *I also have their distortion modeler. *Very nice. * The deep diver software is very nice also. *I use it alot for recording dirrect.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:50 PM

Line 6 Flextone amps

#Moderation Mode

Am I move happy, or is this a frequently asked question?

Stop me if I am out of line! *

<a href="http://jemsiteforum.com/board/topic.cgi?forum=17&topic=12" target="_self">Moved here</a>
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 11:49 AM

Line 6 Flextone amps

Yep, a lot of people have questions about digital modeling amps. So, that's a good move.

Now my question: How about a Cindy Crawford modeling amp? How many of you would buy it? :biggrin:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2001, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Line 6 Flextone amps

That's a very good idea. One for me thanks! But perhaps you could add some more stuff in that, for example Britney Spears, Pamela *and Jennifer Lopez *(just like different amplifiers in Line 6) so you could also have a girl singer in your band. :biggrin:
But my real question: *do you have any good setups for Line6? (and if you have could you share them with me)

Tags
boogie dual rectifier , dual rectifier , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , pod pro , stomp box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode