Looking for TRS replacement - need advice - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Looking for TRS replacement - need advice

Since the Edge/Lo Pro Edge won't fit my RG...
So, which Floyd Rose tremolo should I choose?

I was searching the WD homepage just now and found these:

and the last choice is of course the Original Floyd Rose

will all of them fit into the TRS cavity?
Is the WD licensed Floyd Rose selling at musiciansfriend.com the same as the one selling at WD homepage? But it just costs $95.99!

What kind of bar is on the WD floyd rose?
Original Floyd Rose/Lo Trs II type?
Edge/LoPro edge type?
or Lo-Trs 1 type(screw in)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 05:51 AM

Re: Looking for TRS replacement - need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurasanta86 View Post
Since the Edge/Lo Pro Edge won't fit my RG...
So, which Floyd Rose tremolo should I choose?

I was searching the WD homepage just now and found these:

and the last choice is of course the Original Floyd Rose

will all of them fit into the TRS cavity?
Is the WD licensed Floyd Rose selling at musiciansfriend.com the same as the one selling at WD homepage? But it just costs $95.99!

What kind of bar is on the WD floyd rose?
Original Floyd Rose/Lo Trs II type?
Edge/LoPro edge type?
or Lo-Trs 1 type(screw in)?
Just about any Floyd Rose type trem will fit in the TRS cavity, the old Ibanez TRS101 trem made by Takeuchi is actually a decent unit made from good quality steel, Jackson also used them them in the early JT-580 when they changed from the JT-6 in 1990, the later Lo-pro units are not as good.

I have changed the screw-in arm to the Schaller lockmeister arm by cutting the sustain block and using a countersink bit to remove the the riveted guide in the past, this basically turns the Takeuchi unit into an OFR.

I would avoid the Floyd Rose special and most sub-$100 licensed units as the saddles are too soft, the only sensible upgrade for you really is the OFR unless you get a proper Edge-based system.

Tags
#replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode