New Ibanez Jem7v Edge Tremolo..Help! - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Question New Ibanez Jem7v Edge Tremolo..Help!

Ok I need some help here. I bought my first Jem7v about 10 days ago from Guitar Center brand new so its non-shelf played by typical Guitar Center kids anyway I noticed the flutter effect wasnt that strong but ive never owned a Edge tremolo before so I didnt think much of it. As of today i took a very close look at the tremolo where the knife edges meet the posts and i noticed the top post (or left post) it appears the knife edge isnt wedged in all the way like the bottom (right post) and that bottom side its obvious the knife edge seems longer or wider than the top post or to put it another way the knife edge is more exposed then the top sides knife edge. What i want to know is this normal and/or are that both sides supposed to be even and both wedged the same depth into the post?? What i need you all to do is look at your Jem if its equipped original Edge and look VERY closely at both sides of where the knife edges meet the posts and note the depth of the knife edge into the post and the exposure of the sides of the knife edges. Im on my iPhoneS4 so i dont know how or if i even can post pics onto jemsite from here. But can anyone tell me if this is normal or do i need to take it apart and reinstall it?

Last edited by Jemini920; 02-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: New Ibanez Jem7v Edge Tremolo..Help!

UPDATE: Ok everyone i just took my new Jem 7VWH to a local guitar store and looked at other Ibanez models equipped with the newer original Edge tremolo systems to compare with my Jem7v and im happy to say that it is normal the bottom knife edge is suppsed to be longer and appear deeper into the trem posts. Although i did lightly lube the trem posts and knife edges with non-favored original ChapStick and my tuning stability has dramaticly enhanced! i think that may have been my issue.

Tags
edge , help floyd , jem7v , knife edges , setup. edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode