New members - introduce yourself here. - Page 101 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1501 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 10:51 AM

Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

What's up all.
I joined cuz I found my old 1992 s-540 greeny and wanted to find out more info on it. I'm a pretty avid Ibanez fan (electric) though these days I play my Martin om-28v marquis acoustic exclusively....

If you are interested in buying my s-540 let me know. Ill let it go for a good price.

JAK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 12:42 AM

[quote=jemsite;350052]Hello all & welcome. Any new, regular or returning member can feel free to introduce themselves here .. glen

Hi I am Kieth from Kentucky. this is my first post and I want to say more but I have heard that you can not post pictures until you post 5 threads. is this correct? Well I will post 5 and post pictures of my guitars later. thanx
post #1503 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 06:50 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm Daniel from Germany, i'm 18 and play Guitar since approximately 3 Years.
My first influences were John Petrucci and Steve Vai, so of course i came across this site.

My Current gear:
Ibanez Jem 7vwh
Ibanez RG 2550
Hanika 59' PF
Boss GT-10 Multi-FX Board
VHT/Fryette Pittbull

Well, i hope to have a great time here

regards,
Daniel
post #1504 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Daniel, I spent a little time in Germany myself, loved it. You have quite a nice selection of guitars. I have yet to play a Jem because Kentucky is such a Gibson, Fender area that you do not see them much. Anyway I hope to get to know some people or at least glean from their experience. Nice to hear from you, later.
post #1505 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 AM

hi
my name is asif
i want to know how post/ start thread
post #1506 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:27 PM

Greetings from the great state of Texas. Just call me Sparky, or Mule, your choice. I currently have five girls in my harem. My main squeeze is a Tokai TST-62 that I've fitted with Fender Lace Sensors. I also have a 94/95 Fender Tele MIM 50's style, an Ibanez Pro540R. My acoustics include a 64 Guild M20 and a Takamine G530S. Expecting a Carvin C980T early next week. I enjoy many styles of music and like to focus on original compositions.
post #1507 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:21 PM

Reviews: 9

hey im mizukster and i live in milan currently

i bought a jem 7vwh like in november last year and loving it

thing is though i have some problems with the action height i lowered it because i thought it was to high (3.5mm in 14th fret - not sure accurate cause i dont have a ruler that starts with 0 in the end...) and now its like 2.0~2.5 which ibanez manual tells you thats the normal action height but now it gives me annoying buzzes which i had in my old guitar (greco les paul) lol

thats the reason i joined and looking for any people that helps since majority of people here owns i jem i think?

thanks
post #1508 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 03:31 PM

Used to be in a band, now just play around. Into Ham Radio, Computers, Gun Collecting, and now a new JEM from Guitar Center.
post #1509 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 04:15 PM

Hi there, I'm new here. Happy to be here. It's a great site.
post #1510 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:28 PM

hey guys, i've got an Ibanez RG350DX and have a few Jacksons as well.
post #1511 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 AM

Reviews: 4

Hello all, new guy here....

Playing 30+ years.....I don't have a Jem, but... I DO have an original RG-550....I'm told it's essentially the proto for the Jem......

I have several guitars...

86 Les Paul Standard, Burgundy, Creme/Chrome
American Fender Strat
2 Hamer Explorers, 1 Korean Mahogany, one Maple/Korina
Danelectro '59 reissue, modified
Kramer Focus
and the Ibanez.....

I use Tube Works as my power, utilizing a Boss GT-6. Took me awhile, but I got nice tone, where tube nazi's ask me what I'm playing through....

Nice looking community here....
post #1512 of 3815 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 PM

hi guys, new here from south texas .... found the site after searching around for info on a guitar i recently aquired. i currently own a replica JEM, a jackson dkmgt, peavey wolfgang, and an agile ps970/4000 ... and play through a bugera 6262 and (2) avatar 2x12 cabs with celestion's

the site seems awesome with tons of info ... i look forward to spending time on the site
post #1513 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 AM

Smile Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Hi Jemsite.

My name is Patrick,im 19.I just started learning guitar and stumbled upon this site.My guitars are a 1984 Charvel Journeyman(Older than me!)and a Local Les Paul Custom Copy.I have not owned an Ibanez but i hope i will in the future.Hoping to learn new things and meet new friends here.

Peace,
-Patrick
post #1514 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Hey Metal heads
post #1515 of 3815 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Reviews: 10

Greetings from Vancouver Canada! Some great players up here (check out Dave Martone – had a few lessons with him at his house…nice guy and his playing is mind boggling =o0
Anyhoo, deep site here with tons of stuff…just trying to take it all in and figure everything out at this point…
I don’t actually own a JEM but I recently bought a RG 2550Z GK…it’s a beautiful guitar really…and I love the Edge Zero bridge…not sure what the opinions are on this site about the Edge Zero bridges but I will definitely be looking around at that. Never really loved floating bridges cuz I grew up playing Les Pauls & Strats so I stayed away from them but I always loved the feel of Ibanez necks and thought they were the nicest feeling necks out there so when Ibanez came out with the ZR bridge I bought a S470…BUT…I had some finicky issues with the ZR bridge so I traded it in and upgraded to the RG with the Edge Zero bridge and haven’t looked back…I always loved the look of RG guitars so the RG2550z had everything I wanted…BUT…when I ordered it I didn’t realize that all of the new RGs that have the EZ bridge all have the new prestige necks that are wider and thinner so I’m getting used to that. Why doesn’t Ibanez make a RG with an EZ bridge with a Wizard II neck for those of us who don’t like the newer necks that are 58mm at the last fret? Maybe there is forum about that here somewhere. I know the difference is only 2mm at the last fret but it was a noticeable difference for me and I wish my RG had the Wizard II neck from my old S470, which was 56mm at the last fret…then I would have my dream guitar. So until Ibanez comes out with a RG with the EZ bridge and a 56mm Wizard II neck I guess I will keep lusting for my dream guitar… Anyhoo, I will stop now…cheers everyone!

Tags
ace frehley , acoustic guitar , addario strings , adrian smith , air norton , alder body , alesis midiverb , alesis quadraverb , alex skolnick , amp combo , andy timmons , angelo batio , backing track , bass amp , beautiful guitar , bedroom amp , behringer fcb , billy sheehan , birdseye maple neck , blue voodoo , bogner shiva , boogie dual rectifier , boogie nomad , boogie triaxis , boss chorus , boss digital delay , boss metal zone , boss pedal , boss pedals , breed bridge , brett garsed , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , burnt transparent blue , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , carvin bolt , cavity cover , charvel model , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome jem , chuck schuldiner , coil pickup , coil tap , combo amp , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crate blue voodoo , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom jackson , custom jem , custom shop , dave gilmour , dave mustaine , dave weiner , david gilmour , david mccarroll , dean markley , death metal , deluxe strat , diezel herbert , digitech whammy , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio tonezone , dino cazares , distortion pedal , dna swirl , doug doppler , drum tracks , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , duncan hot rails , duncan invader , duncan pickups , dunlop crybaby , ebmm evh , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , eddie van halen , edge pro bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , electric guitar , engl powerball , epi les paul , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul standard , eric clapton , eric johnson , ernie ball , evolution bridge , evolution neck , fat strat , feiten tuning system , fender bassman , fender deluxe , fender hot rod , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , fender twin , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , flame maple , flamed maple , flextone iii , floating bridges , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , fret board , fret maple , furman power conditioner , gary moore , gauge strings , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , gibson les pauls , gotoh tuners , guage strings , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar port , guitar shop , guitar tech , heavy metal , herc fede , horsie wah , hoshino usa , ibanez bass , ibanez collection , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez models , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rga , ibanez rgt , ibanez roadstar , ibanez tube screamer , iron maiden , isp decimator , jackson dinky , jackson kelly , jackson soloist , jason becker , jeff loomis , jem bfp , jem brmr , jem bsb , jem dbk , jem dna , jem pmc , jem style body , jem swirl , jem vsbl , jem vwh , jerry cantrell , jim dunlop , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , joe perry , joe satriani , joe stump , john petrucci , john scofield , jsx head , jumbo frets , kahler trem , keeley mod , kirk hammet , korg dtr , kramer baretta , kramer pacer , larry carlton , lee jackson , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , lgm guitars , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , marcel coenen , marshall amp , marshall avt , marshall dsl , marshall tsl , marshall valvestate , marty friedman , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , mesa boogie nomad , mesa boogie triaxis , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , mesa nomad , mesa rectifier , mesa recto , michael angelo batio , michael romeo , michael schenker , midi foot , mike mushok , monkey grip , monster cable , morbid angel , morley wah , multi effects pedal , music store , neal schon , near mint condition , neck finish , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck pup , neck thru , neck thru body , noise suppressor , olympic white , overdrive pedal , paf joe , paf pro , paf pros , patrick eggle , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , paul stanley , pearl jam , pearl pickguard , peavey amp , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey ultra , peavey valveking , peavey wolfgang , peavey wolfgang standard , peavey xxl , peavey xxx head , pedal board , pickup combo , pickup ring , pickup rings , piezo pickup , pink floyd , pitch shifter , playing guitar , pointy headstock , power amp , practice amp , pro edge , pro tremolo , prog rock , prs mccarty , rack setup , rack system , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , reed smith , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , richard fay , richie kotzen , richie sambora , ritchie blackmore , rivera amps , robben ford , rocktron chameleon , rocktron intellifex , rocktron velocity , roland cube , rosewood board , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , scalloped neck , schecter omen , scratch plate , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , seymour duncans , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , shred machine , signature guitar , signature strat , slant cab , sonic maximizer , sounding guitar , sperzel tuners , squier strat , squire strat , stanley jordan , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , stevie ray vaughn , stomp box , strap button , strap buttons , strap lock , strap locks , strat body , strat plus , strat style , string acoustic , string bass , string fixed bridge , string gauges , super distortion , super strat , sweep picking , ted nugent , teese rmc , thrash metal , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tony macalpine , trem arm , trem springs , tremolo bar , triple neck , triple rectifier , truss rod , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo , tube head , tube power amp , tuning system , van halen , vinnie moore , volume pedal , volume pedals , voodu valve , wah pedal , warmoth neck , whammy pedal , wilkinson trem , wiring diagram , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , yjm strat , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode