New members - introduce yourself here. - Page 205 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3061 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 AM

Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Hi everyone,

I'm Allan from the uk,and have been playing since 89, and love all different music,ranging from death metal right through to classical,and a vai fan of course.

Have been lurking here for some years,and is a very informative place,with some knowledgeable guys here who i hope can help me solve a mystery problem with my jem.

Cheers all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Hey everyone, glad to be a member of the forum.

The reason I joined is because I was at the local guitar shop a few days ago and picked up an Ibanez. I have always been a big Fender guy with the occasional Gibson thrown in now and then. Never really got into Ibanez, until I played a pretty run of the mill RG and realized how dumb I've been.

Afterward I played a few more RG's and a JS, all were awesome. I have just started to get into heavier, faster playing as well so that may have something do with it. The fat necks and round radii of the more traditional guitars, (Fender/Gibson) just don't seem to cut it for me anymore.

Anyway, I have decided that I want an Ibanez. I can't decide whether I want to purchase one complete or build one. I am thinking of building a voyager or 540PII clone. But I need to find an AANJ neck with maple fretboard. This guitar will be replacing my '91 HM Strat. It is a great guitar but after playing the Ibanez I think I prefer the Edge to the Floyd.

Thanks for reading.
post #3063 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 PM

hello;
i'm tomoc_99; and old fart that has been playing for years, but wants to learn a ton of new stuff.
I especially trying to learn lead and slide guitar.
I need to find a thread to ask question like:
1)what is guitar tuning for ry cooder "things that make her rich"?
2)how do you get the harsh slide tone like duane allman verses
the kind of old style dobro kind of sound from a glass slide?
post #3064 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:00 AM

Talking Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

how ya doin'?
I'm Dave the guitarist from the Chicago area.
I've been playing guitar for over forty years. (30+ yrs on Ibanez's)
Sure, I made money playing, but I always had a day job.
I have been very fortunate to have had many guitars. (27 so far)
Bought my first new electric in '82. (Ibz RR50)
Had all the legendary guitars...USA made Tele & custom Strat, Steinberger, Ibanez Artist RG & Saber, BC Rich, Washburn, Gibsons.
Even had a '64 SG & a '66 MM.
Ended up selling them in my search for the perfect guitar.
The '85 Ibz Artist is the only one I miss and regret selling.
Now playing a '12 Artist which may be a keeper.
Played the new S571 a few weeks ago. Very nice. Better than the '87 Saber I had.
So nice, I just ordered one.

Bottom line - Ibanez earned my respect and loyalty.
Ibanez made my first new gtr, my favorite & only gtr I regret selling, and my current gtrs.

I better stop here before I start raving about my Ibz effect pedals.
post #3065 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 12:52 PM

Hey Guys,

Been checking out this site for awhile now, and I like the community!
So one thing led to another.......and I registered. Anyways, my profile pretty much explains me in a nutshell, almost. I'm from the Sanf Francisco Bay Area, CA.

FYI: I am a JS2PRM and JS10 hunter, would be privileged to add one to my collectible set. Please PM me if you have one that you need to get off your hands. Willing to travel to you if necessary and in the US.

Look forward to conversing with you guys.

Aaron

Last edited by Dream-Theater; 06-21-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Add where I'm from
post #3066 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 02:14 PM

Welcome Aaron!!!! Good luck in your search!! Talking to some of you about the PRM has made me appreciate what I have.

I will keep an eye out for you!

Last edited by satchmo72; 06-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.
post #3067 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Thx bro!

You and your guitar actually inspired me to join Jemsite today! Lol.
Yea keep and eye for me pls! You have my email.
Thx a bunch!
Aaron B
post #3068 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 PM

Hi guys. I am an American living and working in Japan. I keep getting banned from sevenstring so I signed up here to satisfy my guitar forum needs-- I promise to try to keep it toned down.

I've got an Ibanez RG2228a that I just picked up a few weeks ago. And I've got a Grass Roots GHR65. I play them both out of a Korg Pandora mini which is my rig for the time being. I've got a Randall SC100 combo (2 x 12" celestion) back in the states.

I've played guitar for about 10 years but there are still many things I do not know and need to learn, so please fill me with you knowledge o wise ones.

I primarily listen to and play metal, but I'm open minded to most music. Favorite groups: Meshuggah, Veil of Maya, Dillinger Escape Plan, King Diamond, Deathspell Omega

Let's all be best friends ^_~
post #3069 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 09:13 AM

Good day, members of Jemsite,

I am joining this forum simply because I have been a fan of Ibanez guitars since 2007, where I purchased a Rgt6exfx. I recently preordered a Jem 70V, and am excited to play it upon arrival, which is within a week or two. I cannot wait to educate myself in the way of the Jem.

-Shaheen
post #3070 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Hey, Im David from the UK.

I have two Ibanez prestiges (FR2620 and RGA121H) and a few other guitars.

I have recently bought the RGA which is what has brought me here!
post #3071 of 3820 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Hi all!

Name is Steve from Australia.

I have a heavily modded 1999 RG7620VK that is now matte black that I bought in 2001, I just bought a 2001 RG3120TW Prestige that is near mint except for a tiny scratch (5mm) on the front clear coat that I should be able to fix with a clear coat pen easily ! My main amp is a EVH 5150iii Rev D 100w head baised at 112mV and I made a 412B cab for it out of Queensland Maple loaded with Celestion V30's and G12K100's in an X pattern wired stereo 4 Ohm/mono 8 Ohm. Also have a Marshall valvestate AVT150H halfstack that I'm thinking of modding soon. Lots of other guitars and fx gear but I think I'm an Ibanez man through and through now! Wanting an Ibanez 5 string now but still unsure which model (Jap made only though!)

Cheers

Steve
post #3072 of 3820 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Hi !
I'm all new here !
Hope I will find good informations
post #3073 of 3820 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 06:17 PM
vmr

hi, i'm form brazil, i have 2 guitars, i'll try to post some videos of mine, and learn something, and maybe i can help kkk
post #3074 of 3820 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Hi everyone...used to be a member years ago and then lost touch, but came back. This is by far my favorite guitar forum so I am glad to be back!
post #3075 of 3820 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 06:08 PM

Hi all! I've already been a Jemsite member, from about 1999-2001. Then, due to a lack of interest in guitars and playing in general, i forgot my login/password, changed email, etc. Now, i'm back with a renewed strength about playing and guitars.

I'm from Portugal, i play mostly metal/shred, but i also love blues, rockabilly and such. Among other guitar brands, my Ibanez are: Jem 7VWH, 77PMC and from a few days now an UV777BK.

Greetings to all!

Tags
ace frehley , acoustic guitar , addario strings , adrian smith , air norton , alder body , alesis midiverb , alesis quadraverb , alex skolnick , amp combo , andy timmons , angelo batio , backing track , bass amp , beautiful guitar , bedroom amp , behringer fcb , billy sheehan , birdseye maple neck , blue voodoo , bogner shiva , boogie dual rectifier , boogie nomad , boogie triaxis , boss chorus , boss digital delay , boss metal zone , boss pedal , boss pedals , breed bridge , brett garsed , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , burnt transparent blue , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , carvin bolt , cavity cover , charvel model , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome jem , chuck schuldiner , coil pickup , coil tap , combo amp , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crate blue voodoo , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom jackson , custom jem , custom shop , dave gilmour , dave mustaine , dave weiner , david gilmour , david mccarroll , dean markley , death metal , deluxe strat , diezel herbert , digitech whammy , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio tonezone , dino cazares , distortion pedal , dna swirl , doug doppler , drum tracks , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , duncan hot rails , duncan invader , duncan pickups , dunlop crybaby , ebmm evh , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , eddie van halen , edge pro bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , electric guitar , engl powerball , epi les paul , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul standard , eric clapton , eric johnson , ernie ball , evolution bridge , evolution neck , fat strat , feiten tuning system , fender bassman , fender deluxe , fender hot rod , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , fender twin , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , flame maple , flamed maple , flextone iii , floating bridges , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , fret board , fret maple , furman power conditioner , gary moore , gauge strings , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , gibson les pauls , gotoh tuners , guage strings , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar port , guitar shop , guitar tech , heavy metal , herc fede , horsie wah , hoshino usa , ibanez bass , ibanez collection , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez models , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rga , ibanez rgt , ibanez roadstar , ibanez tube screamer , iron maiden , isp decimator , jackson dinky , jackson kelly , jackson soloist , jason becker , jeff loomis , jem bfp , jem brmr , jem bsb , jem dbk , jem dna , jem pmc , jem style body , jem swirl , jem vsbl , jem vwh , jerry cantrell , jim dunlop , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , joe perry , joe satriani , joe stump , john petrucci , john scofield , jsx head , jumbo frets , kahler trem , keeley mod , kirk hammet , korg dtr , kramer baretta , kramer pacer , larry carlton , lee jackson , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , lgm guitars , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , marcel coenen , marshall amp , marshall avt , marshall dsl , marshall tsl , marshall valvestate , marty friedman , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , mesa boogie nomad , mesa boogie triaxis , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , mesa nomad , mesa rectifier , mesa recto , michael angelo batio , michael romeo , michael schenker , midi foot , mike mushok , monkey grip , monster cable , morbid angel , morley wah , multi effects pedal , music store , neal schon , near mint condition , neck finish , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck pup , neck thru , neck thru body , noise suppressor , olympic white , overdrive pedal , paf joe , paf pro , paf pros , patrick eggle , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , paul stanley , pearl jam , pearl pickguard , peavey amp , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey ultra , peavey valveking , peavey wolfgang , peavey wolfgang standard , peavey xxl , peavey xxx head , pedal board , pickup combo , pickup ring , pickup rings , piezo pickup , pink floyd , pitch shifter , playing guitar , pointy headstock , power amp , practice amp , pro edge , pro tremolo , prog rock , prs mccarty , rack setup , rack system , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , reed smith , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , richard fay , richie kotzen , richie sambora , ritchie blackmore , rivera amps , robben ford , rocktron chameleon , rocktron intellifex , rocktron velocity , roland cube , rosewood board , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , scalloped neck , schecter omen , scratch plate , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , seymour duncans , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , shred machine , signature guitar , signature strat , slant cab , sonic maximizer , sounding guitar , sperzel tuners , squier strat , squire strat , stanley jordan , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , stevie ray vaughn , stomp box , strap button , strap buttons , strap lock , strap locks , strat body , strat plus , strat style , string acoustic , string bass , string fixed bridge , string gauges , super distortion , super strat , sweep picking , ted nugent , teese rmc , thrash metal , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tony macalpine , trem arm , trem springs , tremolo bar , triple neck , triple rectifier , truss rod , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo , tube head , tube power amp , tuning system , van halen , vinnie moore , volume pedal , volume pedals , voodu valve , wah pedal , warmoth neck , whammy pedal , wilkinson trem , wiring diagram , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , yjm strat , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode