New members - introduce yourself here. - Page 51 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #751 of 3815 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM

Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Hi, I'm Neil, I'm from the UK. I've been playin' almost 2 yrs and my main influence is Paul Gilbert. Love his DVD's and love trying to play most of his licks, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 3815 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Reviews: 5

hello I know a Sam D in MI

do you play a silver/gray Ibanez 7620?

Anyways welcome to the forum we are all like family here
post #753 of 3815 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Hi all,

Mart from the UK here. Huge Satch fan and only recently started acquiring guitars. It's becoming an expensive hobby!

Currently have...

JS1000BTB
JS1000WH
RG470DKB
RG550Ltd NPM

...and non Ibanez wise

Les Paul Gold Top '57 Historic reissue
Yamaha Pacifica (yeah, I know, cheapy cheap, but it was a limited run in black with a mirror scratch plate)

Ampwise, it's a Marshall AVT100 at the moment

Looking forward to chatting with some far more knowledgeable people than me

Last edited by satchmo; 11-06-2007 at 02:20 PM.
post #754 of 3815 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Hi all,I am the proud owner of an Ibanez Roadstar,RG and USA Custom.I would like to eventually get a JEM VSBL and maybe a Bad Horsie.Happy to be a new member here!
post #755 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM

Hey my real name is Sam. I currently own three guitars - a Squire Strat (Strat Pack), PRS SE Custom and an Ibanez S470DXQM. I'm a working actor and I'm 14 years old. I'm currently looking at getting a Jem.
post #756 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 10:27 AM

Hi,

My name is Intini, I live in the UK. I started playing guitar when I was 14yo, I bought a very cheap Tonante guitar - terrible actually. Not much latter I got a better guitar called Dolphin - very nicely built, but the pickups where terrible - and I changed the pickups to EMG. Not much latter again I got a blue Ibanez S540 (looks like the Satriani model by is HSS) made in USA - a great guitar - this guitar was originally bought by a famous brazilian guitarrist, called Frank Solari, that actually played with Steve Vai when he went to Brazil. I had a few lessons with Frank Solari and Richard Powell (Frank's band mate at that time) and another guy that I forgot the name, but I know he had classes with Stanley Jordan - he was great.
After many years the bridge of my Ibanez started to oxidize and I sold my guitar - I am still regreting. Anyways, I love instrumental electric guitar music and I want to record my songs - I have a nice ProTools rig waiting. I ordered a JEM7V WH which should come next week, hopefully. In the mean time I am playing a very reasonable Yamaha RGX612A that came on my way by mistake.

My other gear includes:

Line 6 PodXT Pro (rack)
Focusrite ISA 430 MkII preamp
Focusrite LiquidMix
Neumann U87 microphone
ProTools 7.3.1 with control surface and two 24 inch HP LCDs
Two Beyerdynamic DT770 pro headphones
CME UF 7 MIDI keyboard
Yamaha RBX374 bass
Mackie HR824 speaker monitors

I am very, very happy to have found this website and the forum and for the chance to be part of this very nice community.

Cheers,

Intini

Last edited by intini; 11-10-2007 at 08:47 PM.
post #757 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Post Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Sorry, I pressed the button twice, and I don't know how to delete this very post.

Last edited by intini; 11-05-2007 at 03:27 PM.
post #758 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:48 PM

Hi, i am Paulo, from portugal, and i am a proud owner of these babes:
Aria ProII RS600
Ibanez RG550LTDPT
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige
Fender Telecaster

Hope i can find some good information and usefull business here... Cheers
post #759 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 09:24 AM

Greetings my name is Chris Price! I am a guitar freak from Dorset - UK.

My amp is a valveking 100w Head with a marshall 1936 cab (can't have it all right away!).

I use a modified Ibanez RG320fm with scalloped frets from 10-24.. I have given the guitar a sexy satin finish have JUST purchased EVO2 (for bridge and EVO neck ..for neck lol) I will be installing a Lo-Pro Trem at the end of the month too .

I also use an Epi Les Paul from time to time, will be upgrading the pickups to a super distortion and Paf-Pro soon!.

I have been playing for 3.5years but in that time I have worked like a madman and with my current band Blue Bullet have played Glastonbury Festival (John peel stage) this year, have had songs played on a lot of local radio stations and done interviews with places including BBC Worldservice (gotta start somewhere! lol).

check out the band @ www.myspace.com/bluebulletrocks

Dispite playing rock live my main interest is Instrumental guitar music or "shred" my fav players are MARTY FRIEDMAN! (all in the phrasing!), Van Halen, Mr Becker ect.. I am working on songs atm and with anyluck I will have my first demo done in the new year!!

Check out some "for fun" playing at www.myspace.com/synth002 , keep in mind that was recorded around a year ago lol.

Anyways looking forward to being a member of a guitar forum not populated by immature 15yr olds obessed with getting more gain lol.

Cheers, chris!
post #760 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 08:10 AM

I'm back!

Hello to you all,

Been a member on this site for god knows, 4-5 years at least.

Unfortunately I had to spend the last 2 years working on some problems with my business & life in general, and all frippery went out the window. I had to sell most of my collection, and give up playing, recording and gigging for a long time.

Fast forward and I am back in the game! I own a recording studio, which I have kind of left to its own devices for 2 years with my cousin managing it, and my main company a marketing & design business which I had all the problems with is finally stable.

So I started playing again (slide guitar at first for a bit of a fresh breath), I had held onto my 2 Patrick Eggles, and thankfully I still had lots of gear on kind of permanent loan to the studio.

I bought a Jeff Brabicwz (sp?) acoustic for the slide, and just invested in a Fender Strat (Eric Johnson model).

Add a Cornford Harlequin, Boss GT-PRO, Ibanez TS (Keeley mod) and a Keely compressor, and I have a home setup thats good to go.

I'll be working at home on Cubase SL3, with battery 3 for drums, I have a ****ty bass to songwrite with, and access to a drummer and singer on a session basis as and when.

When I saw a Jem BRMR on Gbase, and purchased it a couple of days ago, I new it was time to look up some old friends on Jemsite, and hopefully make some new ones.

I'm looking for inspiration and support as I start my journey back into music.

In the past 20 years of playing I have been near-virtuosic, and been unable to play more than a few notes. I've been in metal bands, indie bands, played concert classical guitar, been in tiny acoustic bands, playing support gigs to tour bands and playing in tiny bars. I've seen highs and lows and I hope it will make my music stronger.

"This time round" I am looking to firstly get my technique back on track, strengthen my fingers up again, start studying a few different disciplines, and find a voice as a solo guitar. I don't feel I can rely on working with a singer or partner for now, I am too busy, and people are too unreliable.

So I thought I would come back to Jemsite to offer help where I can on matters like recording, and look for a community to offer support, inspiration and feedback.

Look forward to meeting you all (again) soon,

Jamie
post #761 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Hello:

What a great site! I look forward to learning more.

Joe here in Knoxville, Tennessee USA. Homebound player, intermediate (at best). Love the blues, hard rock, Zakk, and a lot of acoustic styles.

Thanks, Joe
post #762 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 07:30 PM

Hey guys.. i been visiting the site for some time, glad i finally decided to join

Thanx

Mark McC
post #763 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 07:48 PM

Hello-
My name is Jeremiah, i'm 24 and live on the Central Cost of CA.
post #764 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 AM

Hiya, all! I'm Henri and I hail from Finland. I decided to log in here 'cause I was converted to play Ibanez guitars a while ago. My first was a RG7421XL but I had to sell it because my left hand couldn't stand playing it. Now I'm playing happily playing my custom-made Ibanez(which I bought from a local music-store guy). It's a hybrid of JEM and PGM-models, body is a JEM and the neck is a PGM. It's loaded with two DiMarzios and a 5-way-switch. It's the best guitar I've ever played, and it's Ibanez!
post #765 of 3815 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Banned

Hello all. My name is Thomas and I have an addiction to tone. I live in the southeast US. I discovered this site a few weeks ago and found it to be very informative and inspiring. I had to join. I am forty four years old. I have about sixteen guitars, six amps, and a lot of other music equipment including a cello. I have been fascinated with stringed instruments almost all my life. I have a small studio and when I have any spare time thatís where you will find me, either there or on the net searching for gear or answers about tone and recording equipment. I like to read what other members are up to in their quest for tone. I look forward to my time here as I believe I can learn much from this great community of guitar enthusiast.

Tags
ace frehley , acoustic guitar , addario strings , adrian smith , air norton , alder body , alesis midiverb , alesis quadraverb , alex skolnick , amp combo , andy timmons , angelo batio , backing track , bass amp , beautiful guitar , bedroom amp , behringer fcb , billy sheehan , birdseye maple neck , blue voodoo , bogner shiva , boogie dual rectifier , boogie nomad , boogie triaxis , boss chorus , boss digital delay , boss metal zone , boss pedal , boss pedals , breed bridge , brett garsed , bridge pickup , bridge position , bridge pup , burnt transparent blue , buzz feiten , buzz feiten tuning system , carvin bolt , cavity cover , charvel model , christopher woods , chrome hardware , chrome jem , chuck schuldiner , coil pickup , coil tap , combo amp , control knobs , cosmo black hardware , cosmo hardware , crate blue voodoo , custom guitar , custom ibanez , custom jackson , custom jem , custom shop , dave gilmour , dave mustaine , dave weiner , david gilmour , david mccarroll , dean markley , death metal , deluxe strat , diezel herbert , digitech whammy , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio breed , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio tonezone , dino cazares , distortion pedal , dna swirl , doug doppler , drum tracks , dual rectifier , duncan distortion , duncan hot rails , duncan invader , duncan pickups , dunlop crybaby , ebmm evh , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , eddie van halen , edge pro bridge , edge pro trem , edge trem , electric guitar , engl powerball , epi les paul , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul standard , eric clapton , eric johnson , ernie ball , evolution bridge , evolution neck , fat strat , feiten tuning system , fender bassman , fender deluxe , fender hot rod , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , fender twin , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , flame maple , flamed maple , flextone iii , floating bridges , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , floyd rose pro , floyd rose trem , fret board , fret maple , furman power conditioner , gary moore , gauge strings , genz benz , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul standard , gibson les paul studio , gibson les pauls , gotoh tuners , guage strings , guitar body , guitar collection , guitar players , guitar playing , guitar port , guitar shop , guitar tech , heavy metal , herc fede , horsie wah , hoshino usa , ibanez bass , ibanez collection , ibanez edge trem , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez models , ibanez neck , ibanez necks , ibanez pgm , ibanez rga , ibanez rgt , ibanez roadstar , ibanez tube screamer , iron maiden , isp decimator , jackson dinky , jackson kelly , jackson soloist , jason becker , jeff loomis , jem bfp , jem brmr , jem bsb , jem dbk , jem dna , jem pmc , jem style body , jem swirl , jem vsbl , jem vwh , jerry cantrell , jim dunlop , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , joe perry , joe satriani , joe stump , john petrucci , john scofield , jsx head , jumbo frets , kahler trem , keeley mod , kirk hammet , korg dtr , kramer baretta , kramer pacer , larry carlton , lee jackson , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul deluxe , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , lgm guitars , local guitar shop , local music store , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tremolo , locking trems , mahogany body , maple fingerboard , maple fret , maple fret board , maple fretboard , maple neck , marcel coenen , marshall amp , marshall avt , marshall dsl , marshall tsl , marshall valvestate , marty friedman , mesa boogie , mesa boogie dual , mesa boogie dual rectifier , mesa boogie nomad , mesa boogie triaxis , mesa dual , mesa dual rectifier , mesa nomad , mesa rectifier , mesa recto , michael angelo batio , michael romeo , michael schenker , midi foot , mike mushok , monkey grip , monster cable , morbid angel , morley wah , multi effects pedal , music store , neal schon , near mint condition , neck finish , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck pup , neck thru , neck thru body , noise suppressor , olympic white , overdrive pedal , paf joe , paf pro , paf pros , patrick eggle , paul gilbert , paul reed , paul reed smith , paul stanley , pearl jam , pearl pickguard , peavey amp , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey ultra , peavey valveking , peavey wolfgang , peavey wolfgang standard , peavey xxl , peavey xxx head , pedal board , pickup combo , pickup ring , pickup rings , piezo pickup , pink floyd , pitch shifter , playing guitar , pointy headstock , power amp , practice amp , pro edge , pro tremolo , prog rock , prs mccarty , rack setup , rack system , randy rhoads , ray vaughan , reed smith , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , richard fay , richie kotzen , richie sambora , ritchie blackmore , rivera amps , robben ford , rocktron chameleon , rocktron intellifex , rocktron velocity , roland cube , rosewood board , rosewood neck , rusty cooley , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , scalloped neck , schecter omen , scratch plate , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , seymour duncans , shark tooth inlays , sharkfin inlays , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shawn lane , shred machine , signature guitar , signature strat , slant cab , sonic maximizer , sounding guitar , sperzel tuners , squier strat , squire strat , stanley jordan , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , stevie ray vaughn , stomp box , strap button , strap buttons , strap lock , strap locks , strat body , strat plus , strat style , string acoustic , string bass , string fixed bridge , string gauges , super distortion , super strat , sweep picking , ted nugent , teese rmc , thrash metal , tobacco sunburst , tone zone , tony macalpine , trem arm , trem springs , tremolo bar , triple neck , triple rectifier , truss rod , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo , tube head , tube power amp , tuning system , van halen , vinnie moore , volume pedal , volume pedals , voodu valve , wah pedal , warmoth neck , whammy pedal , wilkinson trem , wiring diagram , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , yjm strat , yngwie malmsteen , zakk wylde , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode