Pedals and Solid state amps - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By sepulchrave
  • 1 Post By IbaNose
  • 1 Post By mike570

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Pedals and Solid state amps

Are pedals usually used for Tube amps or can they be used with solid state/modeling amps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Re: Pedals and Solid state amps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne27 View Post
Are pedals usually used for Tube amps or can they be used with solid state/modeling amps?
Pedals are applicable to any/all amps, you probably don't need them with a Kemper though.
Wayne27 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:04 AM

I donít know if this will help you or not but I run BIAS FX into the front of my Roland Blues Cube artist and it sounds great.
Wayne27 likes this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 09:52 AM

Reviews: 21

OD pedals will behave a little differently. Just back off on your gain a bit. I have a Marshall Valvestate which is a bit of a hybrid and use a stock TS9. I crank the drive and back off on the level on the pedal itself for breaking up clean tones. I don't really use it on distortion settings. The DS-1 is fine for that. I also compensate for the reduced warmth of the solid state amp by mixing in more bass. I think I can hear my picking better this way. I've been considering going to a full tube amp so these things would change I reckon.
All other pedals should be good. Maybe a compressor would behave differently but I usually only use that on cleans too and sparingly.
Wayne27 likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode