Summer NAMM 2003 speculation, lineup & JEM77FP - Page 2 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
yah, but that would make too much sense and this IS Ibanez we're talking about ... glen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:05 PM

post #18 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:10 PM

Of course, the Japanese website DOES have it as "flower pattern", but...it's the Japanese website. They're not terribly well known for their great use of the English language.
post #19 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:11 PM

Flower Pattern Not that it matters...
It's just too hot here to be in the house... i'm leaving again...

Alden
post #20 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:11 PM

What Chris said...
post #21 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Vendor

Chesbro is an independent distributor, it can do as it wishes. They get together once a year to decide what the US "catalog" will be, but Hoshino also imports their "special runs", "limited productions", spot productions, etc. etc. Each distributor can buy whatever it wants from the factory. That's called free enterprise
post #22 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

no sense in debating it here, but it's foolish, and disorganized "business" IMHO. An Ibanez dealer on west coast should have the same buying possibilities as an Ibanez dealer on the east coast

business 101 common sense stuff. your mileage will vary... glen
post #23 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:30 PM
Vendor

Is there a better place to debate?

Just because the East coast distributor doesn't want to import something doesn't mean the West should deprive their customers of something they believe they can sell. Also buisness 101
post #24 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:35 PM

Eh... Ibanez is the only company that has a set up like this. It ain't fair man! I think I'll go have a couple beers and contemplate this.
post #25 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Is there a better place to debate?

Just because the East coast distributor doesn't want to import something doesn't mean the West should deprive their customers of something they believe they can sell. Also buisness 101
This debate in this thread is off-topic. we dont' need two "expert" distributers who are not in sync. it is blatent inconsistancy which ultimately hurts the IBANEZ brand name, both short term and long term. It also fosters bad dealer relations, bad customer relations PLUS it encourages mail order and not supporting your local dealer which further hurts dealer relations.

I'm sorry, but there is really no positive spin you can put on it, unless you want to argue that Chesbro should take it further and SELL guitars direct to customers too and just bypass the dealers and brokers completely... glen
post #26 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 06:52 PM

I totally agree with you Glen. I deal with about 30 of the big brands and as a dealer, I can't think of any other companies that have seperate distributors like this. I could care less that Hoshino serves the east and Chesbro serves the west. Just offer the same products and make the dealers adhere to the same rules.
post #27 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 07:00 PM

Chesbro is kind of unique in that they actually DO sell directly to customers. They're by far the largest retail music store in Eastern Idaho, and do more than their share of eBay auctions (although they seem to be for mostly disco'd product). I guess that since they technically don't do business via mail order that it can't be considered a conflict of interest. Still...a unique situation!
post #28 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

I know they sell direct... which reitterates the idiocy of the ibanez distributor and severe conflict of interest. This is as good a business practice to dealers as having blowout JEMs at 70% off-list price, or letting the customer buy them cheaper than dealers can... BAD business and VERY shortsighted of Ibanez.

The problem w/ this debate is that Rich, as a non-authorized dealer, benefits since he is not locked into one distributor. Nevermind not getting zapped with all sorts of mandatory purchases of ibanez crap to keep the dealership.

Lets please NOT continue the debate in this thread, unless SUBSTANTIAL fact and/or corrections are presented... lets stick to SUMMER NAMM .. glen
post #29 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 07:19 PM

Ok. When I spoke with my rep I asked about the studs/anchors subject. He told me that he reads any and all of the complaint reports that the other reps from all across the country file. He claims he's never seen anything regarding problems with these parts. Does anyone actually know if Hoshino is aware of the problems?
post #30 of 110 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
site founder 0% owner

Hoshino USA is aware, so is ibanez of japan... who is ultimately not interested in making a change at this time... glen

Tags
access neck joint , body shape , chrome hardware , edge pro trem , flamed maple , guitar body , hoshino usa , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez models , jem neck , joe satriani , mahogany body , marshall tsl , music store , neck joint , neck plate , neck thru , production model , steve vai , trem plate , upper fret , upper frets

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode