Swirl paint jobs. - .... - Page 2 - Jemsite
Archived Topics and Common Questions Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. New visitors please search the forum for a question possibly already discussed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 01:29 AM

Swirl paint jobs.

I've got a UVMC that has kept me very busy for the past few weeks. Everytime I look at it, it screams "play me now" and I have no choice. It makes my wife sick and my dogs howl, but ultimately it makes me grin. I don't try to peg it to a specific era, I just let it light up the house and inspire me to play more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 10:35 AM

Swirl paint jobs.

I just got my first graphic guitar (JPM P2) from Rich and I couldn't believe how cool it looks right close up. *I have wanted a JPM since right after they were discontinued (unfortunately that's when I started playing again) and my JPM dream finally came true! *

But I have to agree with Rich, now that I have one I am less likely to want another one even if it does have different colors. *Even though the swirls are really different it is still the same guitar so I don't know how well that argument works (for me at least). *My Ibanez collection is now all very different, I have the JS 1000, JPM P2, and a 7VWH and each are totally different guitars.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 05:27 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

Quote:
RICH: swirls are 1 of a kind. You can have 10 DY's, but why? They all look the same! You can have 10 swirls and have 10 DIFFERENT guitars.
Rich has a good point there.
Would it make sense to have a JEM10 registery ?(Like DNAs)
Nope. Why´s that ?
Because they all look the same...
(But what do I know ? I don´t have a DNA,PMC,UVMC or a JEM10...)

P.S
I still wouldn´t mind having 10 VDY´s...:biggrin:
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-22-2000, 07:03 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

First and only swirl is my PMC. I play it daily and see things in the finish I haven't seen before. It shows me somthing new every time I look at it.

I'll have another. Wheather it is an original or custom.

I believe the finish is unique enough to stand the test of time.

J>
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 04:44 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

I love swirls. *I've been talking to Darren J about making some UV swirl curtains for my studio.

I wonder if he can swirl my dog....
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 04:58 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

I'm not a "Newcomer" either by the way... I had to abandone my Webjunkies user name thanks to the new-fangled techno-wizards at the Jemsite. *:biggrin:
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 06:16 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

Send your dog to him. I bet he could figure a way to do it = LOL

Dave
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 01:59 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

Ok we'ed have to sneak up on him and sedate him slightly so he doesn't move to much .Maybe tape over his eye's. You know just for protection and I may need a few aprentices to help put him in but im sure we could do it. Hell just ask my dog swirl a 135 lbs. purple, neon orange ,neon green,black and brown rottwieler had to keep some original color he is a rott. oh yeah I needed alot of drugs for that one not for him for me . btu he comes when you call him and thats what counts I think !
darren
P.S.(disclaimer) No animals were use to test this product. But there have been a few fine body parts swirled in the past. And there are pictures I just cant find them . but I hope I do before the wife does!lmao!!
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 05:47 PM
Banned

Swirl paint jobs.

Swirls Do Rule!!!!!!!! *If you like a Guitar that brings out diferent moods under every diferent light and atmosphere, and becomes apart of your personality as you become apart of her personality. Swirls are for you! *They never get boring IMO. *Always new angles to discover things and the fact that not one is, *or ever will be like it in the world. AWESOME!!! * They just bring so much inspiration to an artist and or Musician, The longer you have one, the more you feel attached to Her.

I have had in the past, the UVMC PMC and GMC and not one for me, comes close to the deep mature and wild impact of a DNA. Whoooh!!! *They are un-stinkin-Real!!!

Having 10 swirls would put me in the Hospital, I could handle 7 of them though.

late.......

post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 06:31 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

Speaking of awesome swirls, have you guys looked at Glen's PMC in the buy/sell section? *DROOOOLLL, I freakin love that swirl! *It's now my Desktop wallpaper, if only I had the green to grab it. *

Darren, when you find the "swirl" pics upload them to the ftp eh...

Dave
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 05:59 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

The swirl thing is great 'cause no two guitars are the same. *Everything is so plain these days, swirls are a major relief. *After working in the same music store for over four years, I've had my share of Black and Sunbursts. *I'm currently anxious to see which color Ibanez has in overstock that we'll see sprayed on every guitar the next couple of years. *Desert Sun Yellow, Jewel Blue, Iron Pewter, Black Pearl, now what?
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 05:59 PM

Swirl paint jobs.

I think Iron Pewter and Black Pearl rock! I'd love for them to overproduce those colors and blow out the guitars at dirt cheap prices!
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-26-2001, 12:30 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Swirl paint jobs.

post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2003, 05:16 AM

Re: Swirl paint jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenit
Send your dog to him. I bet he could figure a way to do it = LOL

Dave
Just make sura that the dog has appropiate scuba gears first....and that he´s resistant to BORAX...hehehe
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:00 PM

Dear anoraks, i have a 1990 swirl (stunning) I dont know the model number, as I spend my time playing the GUITAR than talking about the
size of screw holding down the pickups,(dont know what they are,dont care)So here is the challenge for u raks out there , where was it made ?
whats the model and the production number(not that I care)
First to reply wins a lifetime supply of 3/16 m3 picup screws!
Good luck!
serial number: 902174

Tags
fender strat , ibanez collection , ibanez guitars , loch ness green , music store , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode